I've written several posts asking your thoughts but I haven't given any updates so, without further ado.
A few months ago I wrote this post asking for your ideas on how to decorate Yaya's new train table while keeping it kid friendly.
I decided to use the quilt I made Yaya as a tablecloth and used the basket I bought last fall at Apple Hill to hold her stuff. It was the perfect size for her activity books, puzzles, color safe markers and crayons.
A week or two ago, I asked for your suggestions with my guest room. I made a few changes with the suggestions you gave and wanted to show you how it looks so far. I plan on talking to my landlord about color on the walls and am in pursuit of new material for curtains and added layers on the bed. I'm also looking for the "perfect" picture for above the bed and already have a French rug I may use for the splash of color on the floor. It all depends on the photo and curtains.
Before
After
The new bedspread is a quilt my mother made us for our wedding gift.
Recently, I mentioned feeling Stuck regarding our anniversary trip. The good news is we've booked an 8 day cruise as well as all of our flights to and from. Click here for the details. It's a different cruise and location entirely. All but 2 locations are new for us. I can't wait to return to Rome and Florence for my 5th time. Bird didn't get to spend time in these cities like I did thanks to his job. That means I get to be his tour guide! YEAH! We'll stay 2 1/2 added days at the beginning and end of the cruise to take in more of Barcelona and Rome. As for Yaya, I know she'll be in great hands with Bird's family. She's going to have so much fun with them she'll hardly notice we're gone. Her grandparents, aunt, and cousins have scheduled tons of fun activities including camping while we're away.
Last but certainly not least, we're moving forward with choosing our next adoption agency(s). Bird and I attended yet another adoption seminar Monday night. It was very informative and we've decided we'll be using Sierra Adoptions for our home study agency but not for the entire adoption process. We're still wavering between a "traditional adoption" or going through an Adoption Consulting Agency. In all honesty, I know God is in control of this process. I no longer feel the need to hurry into a decision because in the end God already knows who he has chosen for our family.
Thanks for all of your ideas and input on my life dilemmas! I hope you see I really do appreciate your thoughts and put them to good use.
16 comments:
I'm loving the guest room makeover! I love, love, love those picture frames on either side of the bed - so pretty!
This part of your post --I no longer feel the need to hurry into a decision because in the end God already knows who he has chosen for our family. -- gave me chills. So, so true.
It all looks and sounds perfect,my dear!
Love you,
K
Guest room looks great! Much "warmer" by the looks of the picture. I'm still envious of the barrister bookcase with your polish pottery in it. What is that piece on the top left...square tile or dish? It's fun seeing your place!
Oh that guest bedroom looks great! What a difference. And yeah on the trip!Oh I love Firenze - my favorite city in the whole world. Eat a pistacio ice cream for me ! ( and light a candle at the Duomo please)
I love the new look guest room. My thoughts for the room never made it to the computer. I thought about it and wondered what I would do then never suggested anything. I think for the wall above the bed find a piece of fabric you like (something with texture would be great) and stretch it over a canvas. A long thin canvas would be good, something that is just shorter than the bed-head. Anyway, there's my two cents worth;)
Praying for your next adoption and your trip!
love the makeover and the fact you are coming back over here... so fun, you will LOVE it :)
Totally love the table!!!!
And praying for your decision of an adoption agency!!! Excited for you!!
Love the makeovers and I´m totally jealous of the cruise you get to make. That is a dream for me...
Thanks for the updates!!
Your guest room looks completely different and great. And what a great idea for the train table.
Yeah for your trip! I hope you have a fabulous time!
I like the guest room much better. A couple more layers and it will be perfect.
I think what you did with Yaya's train table is perfect.
I have always wanted to take a cruise. Guess I will just have to live it through you:)
How warm and cozy and inviting the room is with your changes.
So! Are you accepting guest reservations for fall yet?
:)
Ooo I wish we could get together too... soo close , yet so far...
I gave you an award yesterday...(2 actually) I am sooo far behind in letting you know...lsorry.
Which cruise line are you going with... You know me & cruises.... : )
I'm glad everything worked out!
Everything looks GREAT!! Awesome job:-)
I'm loving all your updates to your house!! It looks awesome.
And, I love your outlook about adopting. You are so right. God knows!!!!
I don't know anything about that agency, but I have heard that consultants can be pretty pricey. We had a friend go through one and their adoption was about $40,000. We certainly did not have that kind of money. From our adoption agency, we learned that the consultants often pass on the highest expenses to you that are allowed by law. Which means, that if you are allowed by law to pay two months rent for the birthmom, then even if they don't need the money, you will be paying it. I don't know that they are all like that, but do lots of research. I know you will anyway. Prayers for you as you and Bird make this decision.
Post a Comment