Wow! How does time fly so fast these days?
Last week, Yaya came down with a nasty temperature. I count us as being very fortunate because she rarely gets sick at all. Along with feeling fortunate, I feel a little guilty too. Is it wrong to admit I loved every minute of her being sick? She was extra sweet, loving and extra snuggly. You know, all the things that don't normally accompany a 2 year old. To be even more honest, the past 3 weeks with her have been very trying for me/us. She has fought me about EVERYTHING! She sasses me and has even hissed at me like a cat and spit at me. (Go ahead laugh or cringe! I know I've done both and cried a few times too.) In addition, I learned she has been hitting other kids in Sunday school and Bible school. WE DON'T HIT or TOLERATE HITTING! What happened to my sweet adorable little girl? If you don't believe my little girl can be that evil, here's your proof. Go ahead and click on the picture below to get the full effect of the dirty look she's giving me.
In addition, I've been planning for April 15th, AKA my mom's birthday and tax day. We didn't do our big celebration that day because she wasn't in town. I also didn't do a birthday post for her because I wanted to wait til we're all together enjoying her/our birthday treat. I made reservations for Saturday, April 25th aboard the Hornblower brunch cruise in San Francisco. We'll actually be celebrating both my parent's birthdays and mine that day. Mom's was the 15th, mine is the 22nd and my dad's is the 26th. As if that isn't exciting enough, we'll be attending the annual Asparagus Festival in Stockton, CA on Sunday. YUMMY!
Another thing that's been occupying my time is CEU classes. It turns out I have to have 30 CEUs by April 30th of 2009. I had 23 1/2 of the 30 I needed on April 18th. That's also when I discovered my miscalculation of time available. I thought I had another year yet to get the last 6 1/2 CEUs. I went into panick mode and contacted my friends, co-workers and the board of examiners to find out when and where the next conferences were and how I could complete the last CEUs by my deadline. THANKFULLY, I am able to complete 8 CEUs on line. How do YOU spell RELIEF?! I spell it, http://www.csmconsultants.com/.
It's a mouthfull but a lifesaver! I'm happy to report I now have 271/2 of my 30 CEUs completed. I'll finish my last online class this week.
Last but not least, we attended a retirement party yesterday for Bird's Social Worker. They had it at a local winery. You should stop by it if you're ever in the area. It's called Boeger Winery click HERE for more details. It was a perfect day! Here are some pictures. I didn't take pics of the vineyard itself because the grapevines aren't growing quite yet.
Talk about getting your attention. The last thing we need is more candy or dogs around here. Yaya got pretty excited about the sign though.
15 comments:
Pretty pictures! Eva went through the same stage as yaya...it will pass... hang in there mom!
For my picture, I took it in front of my white closet door... & then lightened it.. : )
You have been very busy! I love those pictures:-)
Great pictures! I clicked on the pic of Yaya with the mean "look",it was funny to me, but then again for me, it´s just a pic. :)
I hope you manage to set the boundaries that she is trying to test....
Those pictures ARE beautiful.
And yes.. all kids go through that. They're testing their boundaries and what you'll let them get away with.
Ooooh that look!!!! 2 years are SO much fun aren't they?! (sarcasm intended!!!)
Girlfriend has attitude!! :o)
Love the pictures of the reflections too... beautiful!
Nice catch up post! You covered a lot of ground and you sure have been busy. Sorry to hear Yaya has been sick:( I love that you included the picture of her giving you a "look." Although we like to cherish those sweet moments, there are many difficult moments inbetween...just part of growing up! Love the pics you shared!
Oh you have been a busy girl.Don't stress, they all go through that evil phase to become sweet adorable 3, well no, maybe 4 year olds. Happy Birthday for tomorrow, or as we say: "Gelukkige verjaarsdag"
You have been very busy! How fun to get to celebrate all those birthday's together.
And that look! It's not funny when you are dealing with it, but one day it will be. I'm still waiting for the funny...I get that look alot from my kiddos, but now we've added the eye rolling from my girls....FUN times!
Hope Yaya is feeling better!
You are busy! My head is spinning!
Whew! Hope things are now settling down for you!
Wow....I'm tired from just reading all you've been up to! Yaya is so cute....she's grown a lot....just in the last few months that I've been reading your blog! Don't you wish you could press a pause button on them for a short while....just to slow things down?
Have a great night!!
Gorgeous pictures!!!
Oh, and Yaya and Camryn are behaving the same way.... like 2 year olds! lol!
The thing that makes it easier is the fact that they say the funniest things! =)
Hitting AND spitting??? I'll be the last one to give you advice on Yaya but those actions, coupled with an attitude should get checked immediately. I used to take away "privileges" when my son did anything of the sort, no cartoons, less play time outside (go in your room), that sort of thing. Calm and assertive, (easier said than done of course!)
Have you ever thought about a "shock collar" for kids? KIDDING!!! Listen to the snarls on that one ;-)
My little guy woke up posessed by evil the week of his 2nd birthday, 6 months later, almost to the day, we got him back. Kit-kat however, waited until age 3 to truly become difficult....she's 12...I'll let you know when she 'outgrows' it ;)
Post a Comment