A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thrill of the Hunt and a Couple of Coo Coo Birds.

Can you see the excitement in this girl's eyes?
She just learned we're going to go hunt for Easter eggs at church.
"Daddy, we're going to get lots and lots of eggs. Right?"
A little strategic planning never hurt anyone.
On your mark! Get set!! GOOO!
"That was so much fun! I love you daddy."
Here we are goofing off after our Easter egg high.
Bird said I reminded him of the "Killer bunny" from Monte Python's Holy Grail.
Feeling a little woozy now the sugar high must be wearing off!
Good thing our faces won't really stick like this.
Zizi's wasn't too happy about the "Killer bunny ears" so she ran to momma for safety.
Happy EASTER from Bird, Yaya and Frizzy!
Tonight's sermon was very uplifting and to the point.
"EASTER CHANGES EVERYTHING!"
THANK YOU JESUS!

17 comments:

tammy said...

Aw, she DOES look excited and very adorable! I was laughing at your funny faces. It's good to be silly. ;)

You asked about our Easter eggs on my blog...well, it was just the dye we picked up at the grocery store. I think Paas makes it(???) and it came with little see through vinyl cups that collapse. You leave the eggs in for a few minutes and they come out bright. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love YaYa's dress!
The pic's are great! You made me smile.
HAPPY EASTER! He is Risen!!!

Shannon said...

Yaya is adorable in her Easter dress! Well, she's adorable every day... but you what I mean!

Happy Easter to you, too! We're home from church... waiting on Shane's family to get out from their church. Then we're all going out to eat before going to my MIL's house to hunt eggs. Good times!

Rebecca Jo said...

What a good sport your husband is!!!

Happy Easter!!!

Nichole said...

Happy Easter! I hope you and your family had a wonderful day (it sure looks like you did). :o)

Wisconsin Girl said...

Too funny! Love the photos of you guys:) It's nice to be silly now and then and it's nice of you to share your silliness with us:) Yaya is beautiful in her dress. I was frustrated because I tried to find a nice Easter outfit for Sam and they only have 2 or 3 choices for boys. Racks and racks for girls. No fair!

Debra Kaye said...

This is just tooo precious! What precious memories, my friend. I pray your Easter was blessed!

Happy Monday to you!

Colleen said...

Hi, new to your blog. Your daughter is adorable!! Happy Easter :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I love her dress! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful Easter!

Bug said...

Love all the pictures! Although some of you and Bird are a little scary! :)

I will try to call ya tonight...LOTS to fill you in on! Talk about ANGER....I am not sure that I have ever felt the ANGER that I felt today......

Cindy said...

SOOOOO CUTE!
It looks like you had a great Easter!
Your daughter is soooo adorable and I LOVE the funny pics of you two!! :)

cat said...

Oh my, but she looked adorable in that cute little blue and white dress! Great to see you had a good Easter.

The Blonde Duck said...

Ya'll are so cute! I'm glad you had a good Easter!

Susan said...

Great pictures. YaYa is adorable and looks like she had so much fun hunting eggs. Looks like you and hubby had lots of fun goofing off too. Hope you had a great Easter.

Rowena said...

I tried to find the plastic eggs in the supermarkets around here so that I could teach the dogs to hunt for them, but you already know that here in Italy, the Big Chocolate Egg is all the rage. You all look like you were having way too much fun...love Zizi's "ears"!

Unknown said...

What a perfect day! I love it! She is the cutest little thing!

Mummy McTavish said...

What a beautiful spring dress! I LOVE IT!

I hope the sugar high is settling down now! Ours isn't but I'm doing my best to eat all the chocolate so the boys don't HAVE to.