2 years ago today, we vowed to keep you safe from harm.
2 years ago today, we held our baby in our arms.
2 years ago today, our instant bond could not be severed.
2 years ago today, we brought you home to stay forever.
2 years ago today, we became your mother and your father.
2 years ago today, we gave everyone a holler.
2 years ago today, tears of joy replaced tears of sorrow.
2 years ago today, we couldn't believe we'd share tomorrow.
2 years ago today, two people became three.
2 years ago today, we became a family.
Written by Frizzy for Yaya 4/10/09
Happy Gotcha Day Yaya!
21 comments:
I absolutely love this post and I love the Gotcha Day idea!! You have such a beautiful family and I hope that you have many, many more Gotcha Days together:-)
Can't believe I might have my very own Gotcha Day in a little more than a month. Wow. There is so much to be thankful for and I know you know exactly what I mean.
Happy Gotcha Day... those are the best days ever!!!! Have fun!
WOW... that just made me tear up!!!
What a joyful day... what a joyful 2 years... what a joyful lifetime to come!
I love the poem!! You all are such a precious family.
Happy Gotcha day (late)!
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. For some reason I'm not able to reply from gmail. It's going to non-reply?!?!
Love the post. Brought tears to my eyes. Months and months of reading sad stories of babies being sick and fighting for their lives, THIS is the post I needed to read! Thank-you for sharing! God Bless you and your little family!
Happy Good Friday! Happy Gotcha Day!
So very sweet! What a wonderful celebration!
Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for stopping by...
Looking at the photos, all I could think of was how time flies by so fast doesn't it? There she's a little baby and now she's carrying around her own monkey backpack.
Buona Pasqua!
AWESOME!!!!
Happy Gotcha Day!
2 years already???? It is so great that you celebrate Yaya's Gotcha Day. I remember taking those photos of her in the purple dress...you guys were definately an instant family. It seemed like she entered your lives and all of a sudden we couldn't imagine it without her in it. She is such a blessing and the true definition of "meant to be." You have provided such a loving home for her and I am so happy for beautiful family you have and the bright present and future you are creating for Yaya. I love you guys! Hugs!
OMG!!!! (happy tears) This is beautiful. WOW!! 2 years already?
Happy gotcha day.
This is so precious, my friend. Happy gotcha day! My very dear friend is getting ready to 'get' her little boy in June after 4 1/2 years of infertility....can't wait for this for her!
Blessings to you! Happy Easter!!
How sweet! Happy Gotcha Day!
Re: the cruise.
You both are going to have such a beautiful time -- 10 years, YEAH! I know we're a bit far away but one can never look too far ahead. Who knows? Maybe I'll have reason to visit Rome at that time!
The peace and joy of our Lord be with you through you in you each of you now and forever, I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen. Happy happy Easter! +
Where's the Kleenex warning, woman?! Give a girl some notice next time... I'm blubbering all over my laptop!
Happy {belated} Gotcha Day!
What a great inspiring story! Happy Gotcha Day!! You have a beautiful girl.
AH - Happy Gotcha day to you!
I'm catching up on your blog and I have to stop now, I'm getting all misty eyed. What a sweet poem. You could leave off the "two years ago today" at the start of each line and you could do it up all scrapbooky type thing for a frame for her room. She'll treasure it forever!
I love that "Gotcha day"! Happy, Happy to all three of you!!
Post a Comment