A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome Bloggers Around the World to Sunny California

would like to welcome everyone from
to California.
You'll find we have more than enough to see and do. There's also more to us than beaches, earthquakes, Sea World, Disney Land, the Golden Gate Bridge and Wine.
I see Lisa has informed you of our state laws. The fine for talking on your phone while driving is steep. Just ask my hubby as he learned the hard way. Consider yourself warned! We will also not accept any 2:00 A.M. collect calls from jail while you're here. ;) I also see that Julie has shared some fun facts and has included what local foods are available for your enjoyment. I had planned to discuss Arnold and a few controversial laws recently passed but feel they may be too political for my blog at this time. I also am aware that Debbie plans on returning to sunny California a one or two more times so I want to give others a chance to divulge and brag about our beautiful state.
Here's a little about my family and some things we've been able to enjoy during our very short time living here. Our house is your house so please have a drink, something to eat and make yourself at home.
Bird and I have been through quite a few changes during our 9 years of marriage. You might enjoy reading the story of how my husband and I met. The most difficult and rewarding period in our marriage to date was our journey to parenthood. YaYa is my sunshine and I started this blog her after I learned they can be made into books. As an added bonus I am here visiting with you. YEAH!!!
We've lived in Missouri, Wyoming, Aviano Italy, Las Vegas and now California. We left the Air Force, our home in Las Vegas and moved to California only 9 months ago. It's been a blast exploring our new surroundings and all that California has to offer. While you're here you might enjoy taking in a garlic, asparagus or Pear Fair. If you enjoy sea food you'll want to check out San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. For those of you in need of some meat and potatoes In and Out Burger is California's 1st Drive Thru Restaurant and home to the freshest burgers and fries around.
As our fearless leader Debbie mentioned, I have a few quirks and embarrassing moments to share but who doesn't? I hope you've enjoyed your day in California and will come again soon.

53 comments:

Julie said...

Hi again from Hungary, thanks for sharing about CA and your family. It is fun getting to know you all!

Debbie said...

Hi Nichole! That was perfect! No need to worry. Enjoy your day! I'll check back again later!

Nonnas News said...

Here from Texas! Enjoyed reading your post about CA., and your family.

Dawn said...

Hi again! Thanks for the great tour of California! And also for checking in on me during the storm! I really appreciate it! I'll be back to visit!

B. said...

Hi! I did not know that you can make blogs into BOOKS! So neat!! and I love California... San Diego is the best place I have ever visited. Love it!

I am off to look around your whole blog!

And thank you for your concern and prayers for us during the hurricanes- It was scary- I am so happy it is over! I have not venutred past my own yard- but there is a massive amount of destruction in my city and the city is 100% without power! (I have a generator for 10 hours at a time)

B. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Trish~ said...

I love Cali!!!!

Becky W said...

Coming to you from BATW!! I am an Air Force brat as well. We primarily stayed east of Mississippi with the exception of Oklahoma and Texas. Thanks for letting us stop by1

Lauren W said...

Oh man... I've always wanted to live in CA.
So you were an AF family? My husband just joined. Any tips? :)

Tamie said...

ahhh...just mentioning in-n-out burgers makes my mouht water!!!! i used to live in san diego and know too well all you talk about...but haven't been back for many, many years...i know that lots has changed (oh, i mean congested!)
i'm with you: i love the fact that we can turn our ramblings and pictures into scrapbooks when all is said and done...i don't do the scrapbook thing anyways so this is a good out for me. Though i do think that my kids will get a lot more with this format than if it was just up to me to put pictures in a book, b/c that would be all they get (so for sure, they are lucky!) thanks for sharing your sunshine with us at BATW!

BBB said...

I miss In and Out... and about a million other California type eateries.

Thanks for sharing with us today!

Lynda said...

Greeting from Texas and BATW! I am enjoying my tour of CA and your blog.

Shell said...

Coming in from BATW from NYC. YaYa is so adorable. You are really blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thanks for such a warm welcome.

Gombojav Tribe said...

Hello from another California girl!

You have a beautiful family!

Daja
www.gombojav.blogspot.com

taratoons said...

Hello from Nebraska! You had to mention In and Out Burger, didn't you? I had my first experience there almost a year ago - yum! Thanks for hosting us today!

Shannon said...

Enjoy your BATW day!

CaraBee said...

Hello from Maryland! I love California and would love to visit again soon.

Aunt Julie said...

Thanks for the tour! Isn't BATW wonderful?

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

Greetings from North Carolina!

Breanne said...

Wonderful post. You rlittle girl is adorable!

Gramma 2 Many said...

OMG!!! I will never eat licorice again. I thought it was that I was just gaining weight! I did not know it was the licorice.
Love your blog. Enjoy your day to shine. It is great.

Brian and Staci said...

Helllloo from Oklahoma! Thanks for inviting us into your sweet home! Your little girl is so cute :) We visited my brother-in-law (who lives in San Jose) last year! We had a BALL! SOOO much to do :) Enjoy your day in the spotlight! Nice to meet ya!

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Fun visiting your blog! I soooo need to make it to one of those garlic festivals! And I'm glad you mentioned In-N-Out. YUM! I look forward to checking out more of your blog!

I want to hear more about turning blogs into books!

maryanne420 said...

hi,
i'm new to your blog, followed you from BATW! i now reside in los angeles but both dh and i are from the san francisco bay area. we both grew up there. i miss it so much so i get so excited when we visit family and friends for holidays. it's so much calmer/slower compared to the fast paced los angeles. i'm looking forward to reading your blog from the beginning.

~Trish~ said...

Remember how I said this morning I LOVE CALI??? Well I found out today that I will be going to San Francisco sometime this month (if the project stays on track) to give some training. YAY my favorite city (after my beloved Denver) ever!!!

MediMonsters said...

Enjoyed reading about your great state. Hope to make it there one day.

FarmGirl said...

Hey Funny lady...I just gave you an award! Come on over to claim your prize...YOU ROCK!!

Also...Cali is pretty neat. I stayed in LA and LaJoya (sp) for awhile when I was a nanny...loved going to the beach in San Diego!!

Cant Hardly Wait said...

Thank you for your comment about Gustav and having bad days and all that hooplah. My cousin lives in Cali. Huntington Beach, I think. Beautiful state! Love the blog. I'll be back!

Lady Dorothy said...

Hi from the Central Coast of California!

Thanks for that link for the blog books. How fun would that be?!

Susie said...

Greetings from Wisconsin. Congrats on your day in the sun:-)

Bug said...

Fantastic Job Nic! I miss CA and hope to be able to get there to see you all some time soon!

Nichole said...

HI! Came in through BATW today. I've always wanted to try In & Out burgers but we don't have any here in SD. I'm going to have to check into turning a blog into a book...might be something fun to do in the future :o)

Melissa Lester said...

What a cute blog! You really are a world traveller, so you could probably fill us in on a lot of the stops we'll be making on our BATW tour. You have a lovely family, and I enjoyed reading about how God brought you all together. Congratulations on your day!

Mrs. X said...

Blahhh! I had really forgotten how much I miss In N Out! Thanks for reminding me about it! =)

Melissa B. said...

Thanks for inviting us along on the BATW tour! I had a great time reading about your time in the Great State of CA!

Unknown said...

Thanks for having us over. The trip has been fun.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the tour! You have a lovely family!

lynn said...

Stopping by from Wisconsin. Happy BATW day! Thanks for sharing your family with us today.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Fun stuff, Cole!

Great job :)

Kelly said...

What a hostess!! Thanks for the tour...
thanks for putting things in a new light today on my post about the evil mother...You're right, the more I think about what I know about her, there are probably a lot of things going on with her and I shouldn't take it too personally!!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I am here from Texas too, just like Nonna. I too love California. I would love to take a Holiday there very soon! hehe

chellekay said...

Enjoyed reading your post about CA.

Jenn H said...

Mmmm, garlic....now I want some garlic fries from Gilroy :) I did not know you could make your blog into a book, maybe that will motivate me to be better at actually blogging....so much easier than scrapbooking!

Ronnica said...

Thanks for the CA welcome!

When I was in California a few months ago (just before the cell phone ban) we were stuck behind someone driving slow and weaving. Of course they were on the phone. I said to them (through the car window, so really to myself), "That's why they're banning cell phones while driving."

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Coming from Louisiana to say hi and love your blog. I love BATW!!

Aubrey said...

Hi from Colorado! Stopping by a little late. Sorry!

Enjoyed reading your post!

Kelly said...

09/03/08...Thanks for coming by today...You're too sweet. I would be honored to be on your blog roll :) Thanks! you made my day!!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Hello beautiful lady and smashing family! Hello from er...ah, *sigh* Nebraska! I love reading your blog!

Yea CA is wonderful, and I could easily live there again! If no jobs in TX, definitely CA! Whee!

Laural Out Loud said...

Thanks for sharing about California!

sweet momma luv u said...

Cute family! Love your blog.

Miss California. Born and raised there. Just got back from visiting family in Newport Beach for 2 weeks.

Now we live in WA. Love it here less congested but more rainy gray days.

What is this Blog around the World?

Have a great day!
Jody

Heathahlee said...

OH, my word! I just read your licorice story! That is so funny and yet I feel your embarassment! Ack! Thanks for sharing! : )

Isn't Debbie a genius for taking all of us on this trip?

Briana said...

From BATW! Yes, I LOVE blurb. I started blogging in 2005 and was PRAYING for some way to make my blog into a book and then blurb FINALLY came along about a year or two ago. PHEW is all I can say. You have a beautiful family and blog!! Thanks for the visit!

Tracy P. said...

What a cute family! You have a great story. :-)