A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, January 8, 2021

I cannot believe my eyes!

I opened my Facebook account Wednesday and started scrolling through my newsfeed.  Friend after friend was posting about violence happening at our nation's capital.  My heart stopped...  I ran to the television and turned on the news.  Across the screen were images of people smashing in windows, scaling walls, breaking into offices of our nation's leaders, reporters shared that a woman had been shot in the chest and was in route to the hospital for lifesaving treatments.  As if that weren't horrible enough our president had gone silent after inciting this behavior.  My brain could not compute how our country has come to this point.  

At that moment, Little Bird said what I believe many of us were thinking and feeling with no words at all.  She climbed into my lap, squeezed my neck and hid her face in my hair after seeing what was happening on the news for only a few moments.  Her actions spoke volumes.  I felt her fears.  I wanted my mommy to comfort me and tell me it was going to be okay too.  I watched in horror wishing the "monsters" we were seeing weren't real and we would wake up from this horrible nightmare. 

I'm tired of the disrespect our leadership has shown to anyone and everyone.  I hate the division disguised as party lines.  These actions came from the removal of human decency, the inability to accept defeat, the inciting of anger and fear and they're just plain wrong on so many levels.  

Today, I will continue to teach my children to love one another and all people, to forgive hurts, to listen to and to understand other's points of view while not allowing that point of view to be at the expense of someone else's safety or rights.  I will continue to teach them right from wrong though much of society allows and seems to encourage disrespectful behavior in characters portrayed throughout our daily life.  I will continue teaching them to serve others with humble, loving hearts and the importance of loving thy neighbor as themselves.  I will teach them to fight for what is right, jus and fair and NEVER to let evil win.  Above all I will continue to teach my children to pray for our nation, it's leaders and those who call it home.


2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Our future is in the hands of parents like you who are still teaching their children to love... because sadly, there are parents teaching their children to hate others because of skin color and political beliefs. Keep the fight up momma!

Frizzy said...

Thank you Rebecca Jo, I know you are fighting this same battle along with me. Praying you are all safe in your corner of the world.