A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation

It's time to sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of our labor.  

Our family has been planning several parties over the past few months. My grandparents celebrated 60 years of wedded bliss on Wednesday.  We're throwing them a big party with all the family this upcoming weekend.

On top of that, we celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday two weeks ago.  Mom and I had fun planning a surprise for her and her yard which I'll talk about and share a photo or two from in weeks to come.  

If that wasn't enough, Yaya turned 5 this week. We celebrated her special day last night with a tea party in my parent's garden surrounded by friends, flowers and hundreds of twinkling lights. Listening to the squeals of joy from 8 little girls as they chased eachother around the yard and danced to music was absolute bliss.  

The photo below is from a wedding I attended a few weeks back. 

The mother of the bride was kind enough to loan us all her wedding decorations for Yaya's birthday party. I can't wait to recount a few stories and photos from these events and a few still to come but for now I am officially taking a blog vacation. I hope my friends and family in blog land will stop back by when I return in a few weeks.

4 comments:

The Lovely One said...

Happy birthday, Yaya!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Will miss you. Happy Birthday Dear Yaya, I love you and your mommy and your daddy. Have a fun few weeks.

Bettina said...

Enjoy your break!!!

cat said...

Enjoy the break and happy Bday to Yaya. And my, those decorations are beautiful.