Yesterday, I took Yaya to her 9:00 A.M. kindergarten appointment. I kept thinking to myself, "Is this really happening? ALREADY? I'm not ready!" The purpose of the appointment was to determine if SHE is "ready" for kindergarten. What does that mean anyway? Ready. The teacher asked her a bunch of questions about her numbers, letters and asked her to group shapes and colors yada yada yada. Of course Yaya did a really good job and as a result I was told SHE is READY for Kindergarten. WONDERFUL! Just one question. Who's going to test me to make sure I'm READY for her to be in kindergarten? SERIOUSLY! WHO?!
Ok ok. Maybe I'm being a BIT dramatic. A dear friend of mine kindly informed me kindergarten is nothing compared to sending them off to college. (Gotta love those reality checks.) Still, I want my baby to stay small enough to fit in my lap and arms FOREVER. Ok, maybe forever is too long but how about just a little while longer? PLEASE?!
How did she go from being this little smoochie
to my pre K smoochie?
I guess I'll just have to pretend she's my "little smoochie" until I'm READY for her to grow up.
4 comments:
That made me cry. I SO don't want to think about Kindergarten! I still have another year, but really want another 20.
"Who's going to test me to make sure I'm READY?" Oh, Frizzy, I laughed out loud when I read that. I do know what you mean.
Happy congratulations to the brand new kindergartner and to mom and dad, too :)
Oh sweet mama. So many milestones to come that we won't be ready to witness, yet the spread those dern wings. God love them.
<3
k
She is so lovely...and Jesus will be with you every step of the way. I promise.
Love you, my friend!
Post a Comment