Today and every day I'm proud to be an American but last night, as I watched our nation pay tribute to the men and women who have fought for our country and all we believe my pride overflowed. Hearing their firsthand stories from battle, stories of recovery and their stories told in remembrance by loved ones was humbling to say the least. So many men and women have readily sacrificed their limbs, their minds and even their lives for what we believe in. FREEDOM. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. Freedom from tyranny and the RIGHT to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I'll be honest, I cried more than once. We're talking can't catch your breath tears. No, my tears were not tears of sorrow or pity for them. They were tears of immense gratitude and pride.
Having a grandfather, father and husband who have served in the Air Force makes my pride for our country and servicemen and women even stronger.

I am thankful for all who have served our country past, present and future.
(Tomb of the Unknown Soldier taken by Nichole in 2002)
Thank you for the sacrifices you and your families make day in and day out to keep us safe.
(Photo Taken By Nichole in Washington D.C. 2002)
We will never forget you.
(Photo Taken By Nichole)
(Photo taken by Nichole at the American Cemetery outside of Florence Italy, 2002)
To our friends Larry, Danny, Beth and Scott serving in harm's way we are praying for you and for your families until you are home again safe and sound.




No comments:
Post a Comment