A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks

Last Friday, Yaya's preschool invited the parents to attend their Thanksgiving program and feast.  The classes have been competing to see who could bring the most non-perishable food items to donate to one of our local shelters.  Over 1600 boxes and/or cans of food were donated.  We're told it took more than 3 truck loads to transport it all to the shelter.  GOD IS GOOD!  If that weren't enough to celebrate, the kids worked so hard making their own costumes and memorizing songs for their program.  Yaya loved  being an indian princess and learning about all the wonderful things the Native American Indians did to help the pilgrims.
  
Yaya's class sang two songs during the program.  
"I'm an Indian hunter hunter.
Big Chief Indian hunter hunter. 
On my back a quiver quiver.
Full of many arrows arrows.
I will hunt the running deer running deer.
(Yaya sings, "Runny deer Runny deer.")
 Softly Quickly he won't hear he won't hear.
I'm an Indian Big hunter hunter.
Big Chief Indian hunter hunter."

Have I mentioned how crazy it makes me that my camera doesn't take good low light pictures?!
The second song was about the indian princesses,

"I'm an indian princess princess
pretty indian princess princess.
On my feet are moccasins moccasins.
On my head a basket basket
full of many acorns acorns.
I will walk the silent path silent path.
Quickly quickly no one sees no one sees.
I'm an Indian princess princess
pretty indian princess princess."


I wish I could share the video we took of the program.  The teachers were so creative in finding different ways all 5 classes could take part.

Yaya with her proud daddy sharing in the feast everyone brought. 


9 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

What a blessing to send all that food!!!! I'm sure its times like these shelters rely on everyone's donations!

Those little Indians are so cute! What are those? Pillow cases cut up? So adorable!

Bettina said...

What great smiles from her and her daddy :) PRECIOUS!

Debra Kaye said...

Precious memories, my friend! Have s wonderful Thanksgiving! Big hugs!!

Nichole said...

Wow, that is awesome that so much food was donated! What a blessing to those who received the food.

How cute are all those little ones!?~ What a great way to learn about Thanksgiving.

Rowena said...

I can still remember being that age and making those construction paper feather hats! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

The Lovely One said...

Sweet! I wish Bug's class did that!

Susie said...

I love those parties at school:-) So sweet!

Nancy said...

So cute!! She is growing up!
Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Dawn said...

I so love the mayflower with all the pilgrims. How creative.

I remember those little songs from when I taught kdg.

I loved seeing the pictures of such a fun day.

I posted about my little one's Thanksgiving program yesterday as well.

Happy Thanksgiving.