A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

HOPE and A COUPLE FORTUNE COOKIES.

Since hearing Yaya say, "Momma, Baby Sally is here." last March while standing in the middle of Barnes and Noble I've wondered what she meant.  I've wondered if THAT was the precise moment our baby was conceived.   I've wondered if I'm crazy for hoping she had insight into our future.  The last few months I've felt so strongly December would be THE month we've been waiting for.  I even counted back 9 months from December which takes us back to March.  Could it be coincidence?  Am I putting all my hope into one basket?  I hope not.

Last night, Bird and I had the opportunity to have a date night of dinner and a movie.  We went to an Asian restaurant next to the theaters due to time constraints.  My hope is stronger than ever after reading what both of our fortune cookies said. 

His says, "Someone is interested in you.  Keep your eyes open." 
Mine says, "The coming month shall bring you much happiness."

Now, I'm not usually one who believes in things like fortune cookies.  Their meaning can be twisted any way you want them to in order to suit your situation.  However, I do believe in God and His almighty power.  I believe with all my heart He communicated with us through scripture, music and rainbows while we waited and searched for Yaya.  Could God have helped plant those fortune cookies on our plates to give us hope last night?  The following scripture is what keeps bouncing around my head and heart this morning.  

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10
9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Click HERE to continue reading about our 2nd adoption journey.

12 comments:

Nichole said...

I'm a believer that God gives us signs of what's to come. Some we notice beforehand and others we don't see until we look back.

Sissy said...

I have been more hopeful than normal lately as well. Hmmm. Maybe our days are coming soon.

Susie said...

It will be really freaky if it works out like that! Really awesome but freaky!

aspiring... said...

I think your eggs are all in one basket, all safely in the Lord. ALL is cause for hope, praise God :) ! in that case.

That said, here is a caution nevertheless. While these incidents may very well be His gifts to give you joy in hope as you wait - they may not be, too. That is, we, I anyway, can be tripped up by the enemy through the vulnerabilities of what we desire most and what we fear most. In that case, the very same incidents if you invest in them, can lead to false hope and then hopelessness. Hopelessness being a red flag that what led to it is not of our Lord.

My experience is that what comes from the Lord brings with it a certain irrefutable knowing and peace. Rest in Him :) . With you in prayer Frizzy, aspiring...

The Blonde Duck said...

I've always thought God leaves signs everywhere--even fortune cookies.

Tammy_Skipper said...

Recently a friend was asking me about how we'd feel if we got the assignment to VA that was on our possibilities list. I told her, as God put it on my heart that moment, that I felt He was preparing us for a bigger change than that. Oh yes, then we find out we are moving completely across the country! Yes, God does put things in front of us, on our hearts and in the minds of our trusting children for us. I cannot wait to see how your story continues. Praying, Tammy

The Lovely One said...

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and I believe that God does show us signs to point us in the right direction.

If you get a baby girl in December, will you name her Sally?

Frizzy said...

Lovely One, We will have to wait and see if the birth parents have any names picked out. We'll probably use Sally as her nickname.

Renata said...

I do so hope that you guys will get that wonderful news - will continue to pray that God will lead you to the exact right babe designed for your family.

Do you know that sometimes little children do have insight - About a week before I found out I was carrying twins Zai prayed for the "babies in Mummy's tummy" - of course i laughed about it at a time, but a week later we found out that God had used our boy!
Hope you have a wonderful week & God bless you guys
Renata:)

BBB said...

I hope that December is a beautiful month for you.....

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

missing you.

Debra Kaye said...

Sweet sister I will say a prayer that God grants you the desires of your heart and that you are blessed beyond imagination.

Love ya and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love to Yaya and the Bird.