I have been pretty busy around here lately. A few weeks ago I began thinking about what I should get friends and family for Christmas. I prefer giving gifts I've made or that have a special meaning but it's not always easy to find the perfect gift that's also within our budget. In the past, I've made photo books or calendars of times shared with friends or family from that year. This year I wanted to do something a little different. As I was looking through my pictures I realized I had tons of scenery pictures just taking up space on my computer or in my camera. Then, it occurred to me I could make them into boxed sets of stationary and give them as Christmas gifts. I ordered some to get started and have made about 120 so far. I even had the opportunity to give a few to a friend for her birthday. She loved them so much she called the next day to ask if she could buy some for a friend's gift. I was shocked and so flattered. Even more so when she actually bought 20!
Needless to say, it has been fun looking back at the places we've visited and it has helped me have a very thankful heart this holiday season. As Bird pointed out to me the other night, "It's pretty darn hard to be sad about anything after looking at the beautiful places we've lived or visited." I have to agree with him completely. What an amazing world we live in. God sure knows how to create some incredibly breathtaking things. For example, check out some of the recent pictures that have been submitted to National Geographic's photography contest. Seeing them makes me wonder how much of His world I'll actually get to experience. It also makes me very thankful for the life he has blessed me with.
If you would like to see some of the pictures I'm making into cards I've shared a link on the right sidebar of my blog. Just click on the Shutterfly arrow or on the Shutterfly link to take a look. I'd love to receive your feedback.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Frizzy, I have this developing definition of what art is and what artists do... It has to do with being a place where the temporal and the divine meet and permeate one another. It is with that in mind that I can see that you are an artist with your camera and your work is art... sincerely.
Hm. Each one of us is a work of art, too, are we not :) ?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and God bless you.
I've been loving the photos you've been posting!
What's going on with your blog??? All your posts are missing... :(
check your email! I sent you an email yesterday... did you get it? I'll email again if not!
Frizzy, you definitely have a talent for capturing something pleasing to the eye. Nicely done.
What a compliment that someone wanted to order some more cards.
Beautiful pictures. I especially love the picture of all the candles and the one with the carriage and red leaves.
Happy Thanksgiving!
happy thanksgiving! thanks for your visit to my blog. we'll be on the H side this year. have a blessed day!
kathi
Beautiful! I love 20, 50 and 81...and I love 51 because I love doors!
Post a Comment