It's been a little over a week since we felt as though we had been plopped into a pressure cooker and set to high. Like the release button at the top we had been completely rattled and we felt completely out of control while trying to make our decision regarding baby D. Saturday morning Bird and I sat down together to talk and decompress for the first time since our decision had been made. We both felt like our insides had been turned to mush and we needed to do something to bring us back to life. A trip to the beach was the answer.
We called and invited my mom to join us and off we went. As we drove along the winding roads of the California coast we were amazed at how low the clouds were. At one point we stopped and walked in them as one by one, puff after white puff they engulfed us.
Here is a shot from John Muir's Lookout of the clouds and surf below as we peered over the edge of the cliff. We felt as if we were touching heaven.
The clouds and fog continued to roll through even as we reached the beach below. None of us could wait to get our toes in the water. The ocean pulled us closer and closer until we were tip-toeing at it's frothy edge. Finally, our hearts and spirits let go and we were running and splashing with abandon. 

My mom and I meandered along the water's edge in comfortable silence picking up smoothed rocks and broken shells. When we returned Yaya was excited to see what treasures we had found.
What is it about the power and the sound of the waves that makes a person's spirit feel rejuvenated, at peace and even surrounded by God's love? Is it just me? Does anybody know?
This was just one of the breathtaking views we shared as we drove back up the coast on our drive home.
By the way, baby D is now with his forever family and he has 3 older siblings. We're so happy for this family!
Click below to continue reading.
11 comments:
Beautiful! This is one of the things I miss about California!
I'm glad that you all were able to get away for some much needed rest and relaxation.
I know this has been tough. Hang in there! I'm praying for you guys!{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Beautiful photos and it looks like a fun and refreshing day! I love your collage too - what program did you use for that?
Mindy, I used Picasa to create the collage. You'll love it if you aren't already using it.
Beautiful beautiful beautiful
Seems like a day your heart needed
Beautiful pictures. I am so glad you had this time to wind down.
I am happy too that Baby D is with his forever family.
What a great way to decompress!!
I am so glad you had the time to do this! I am continuing to pray for you!
I'm so glad you got some time together to decompress and let yourself relax. I've not been on to comment but I've been following along and praying and praying. It may seem like a pressure cooker but your hearts are in God's hands and are so very safe there. Praising God that he has the right forever family for baby D.
HUGS!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I know the boys and I would have loved to have been there. Miss you guys so much. Love, your bro!
AMAZING pics and you are so blessed to be able to hop in the car and have an adventure like this. Glad you had that time together:)
These are gorgeous pictures! Wow, how breathtaking! I've been computerless for a week, but I have thought of you, your family everyday. I continue to pray for you, and am glad you had this day. This day, this was important. I am also glad for Baby D. Much love and hugs to you!
Post a Comment