A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

September Sunset

Here are a few pictures of the sunset Tuesday during our family walk to and from our neighborhood park. 
I love the sunflare in the first shot
the bright pink and coral colors in the second
and the total change of the colors a few moments later.

The stripes across the sky in the photos below caught our attention and resembled long outstretched fingers.  The second shot was taken about 5-10 minutes after the first.  I lightened it just a bit to bring out the stripes. In doing so you can now see our dogs keeping a close eye on Bird in the second shot.
I hope we share many more evenings like this as summer transitions to fall.  Do you have any recent sunset shots you would like to share?

10 comments:

Nichole said...

Very pretty :o) Fall sunsets are the best!

Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful shots!! I think those deserve frames!

Prudence Arcadia said...

These are gorgeous! I agree, Fall has the best sunsets! Beautiful work!

Susanne said...

Just beautiful! Where in Cali are you guys? Fall has started here, although I'm in denial.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Since our living room faces west, I am constantly hanging out the window taking pictures. I love the sunset.
Thanks for your prayers this week and I am so sorry I missed your request.
Lovin you.
Christmas is just around the corner!!!!

Susie said...

Breathtaking!

Rebecca Jo said...

I can sit & be amazed at the sunset EVERY night... God's gift to us daily :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the pink ones!

Mindy said...

These are gorgeous!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I'm telling you - your photography is gorgeous. You seriously have a gift. I started working on my photo book from my trip --- thank you for your gorgeous contributions! I can't figure out how to 'share' it --- so maybe I'll send it to you to peruse and you can send it back. Unless I figure out why it won't share when I specifically tell the computer screen to "SHARE already!"