This week was a crazy one.
Monday night, Bird and I went to a support group for adoptive moms. The group was wonderful and were so kind to welcome Bird even if he's not a "mom"! The discussion was on attachment and the guest speaker was amazing. We brought home and are already using many of the pearls of wisdom she shared. What's more, Bird was asked if he would be willing to help start up a group specifically for adoptive fathers. He was THRILLED to be asked and is looking forward to getting it started. Yaya spent the night with my parents so Bird and I decided to see a movie at the last minute. We hadn't had a movie date in a few months so this was a nice treat.
Tuesday night, we took a family walk around the neighborhood and enjoyed some time at the park while we watched Yaya play and the sunset.
Wednesday, I helped at Yaya's school during the morning and watched one of her classmates after school. The girls had a blast playing together. By the time "B's" parents came to pick her up after dinner both girls were totally wiped! Watching them sit on each side of Bird as he read them stories was a priceless. Their eyes and heads were heavy as they snuggled into his arms and tried to stay awake. Neither of them wanted to see the fun day end.
Thursday, bright and early Bird had surgery to remove skin cancer on his nose. He was awake during the entire procedure and they could only take one layer of skin off at a time. This meant he waited 30 minutes between cuttings to find out if they had removed all the effected margins. They only had to go down 3 layers and were able to get it all. This was such a huge relief! He has a few stitches on the side of his nose but pretty soon you won't even notice. Thanks to those of you who read about this on FB and were keeping him in your prayers. God is good.
That night, we went to my parents house for dinner. My dad's been working out of town all week so this was his only chance to get his "Yaya fix" before turning around and flying back out. While there my grandpa called from Montana and told us my grandma had been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia. It's pretty bad. The doctors told her she was septic and her blood pressure and oxygen readings were HORRIBLE which terrifies me. She means the world to our family! She's pretty upset about being told she'll be in the hospital for a week so already I see the fight in her returning. That's a good sign. Please keep her in your prayers.
Friday I got to be a carpool mom after school again. I love this job! It's so fun listening to Yaya and her little friends chatter away in the back seat. I made the girls Mac N Cheese and we mommies shared a rice bown from Chipotle. The four of us had a relaxing afternoon together which was such a treat. My mom came over for dinner last night and again we kept it simple with chicken salad sandwiches, a veggie tray and ice cream cones for dessert.
This photo of Yaya sums up the week for us. We were all pooped and asleep in bed by 10:00 PM. That might be a record for me.
All I have planned this weekend is a trip to the post office. Guess I better get myself dressed and out the door.
6 comments:
Yes, it does sound like you had a crazy week! I'm glad the doctors were able to get all of the cancer from Bird's nose. I'll keep your grandma in my prayers!
Busy week indeed! Such a sweet photo of Yaya.
Love the photo! Prayers for your Grandma, and for a smoother week!
Praying for your grandmother. And Bird's good with a camera, too! And remind me - what editing do you use? If we use the same, you're better at it than I am.
Love you!
k
You had a very busy week.
I'm so glad Bird's surgery went well. Skin cancer can be so scary and scarring!
The picture of Yaya is adorable. I just love sleeping pictures. =)
Sounds like a good week to me!! (well other than the surgery....but good that it had such a positive outcome)
Post a Comment