A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Walking through a Fairytale or Two.

While our friends were visiting we ventured down the road to a place called Fairytale Town. It's a wonderful place to use your imagination and to reflect on childhood memories. Do you remember pretending to jump over "Jack's" Candlestick when you were a kid?
Did you ever dream about sitting on King Arthur's throne? I think Bird would make a wonderful king
t-shirt and all.
Did your mother or father ever read about "The Little Old Woman" who lived in a shoe?
I don't recall her shoe having a slide.
We were shocked that the kids sat through and enjoyed so much of the show in Mother Goose's theater. Yaya and Siri loved meeting the actors.
I can't begin to count the number of times I've read the story of The Little Engine.
True to Yaya form she hopped right into Cinderella's pumpkin coach.
Love the Ansorge's family photo.
As Bird and I climbed into the cheese hole we worried it might not stand "alone" ever again. I almost had a panick attack worrying I wouldn't be able to crawl out of it.
I don't recall old McDonald or the farmer in the dell having slides on their farm either. Do you?
Who would've thought "the crooked mile" would be one of the kids favorite stops of the day. The kids and adults alike breezed through this mile like it was nothing.
We had fun playing in the house at the end of the crooked mile.
I don't recall the last time I tasted a rainbow snow cone.
By the looks on Yaya's face I'm guessing they're still as yummy and as refreshing as ever.
"CHEERS"
How many monkeys do you see?
What was your favorite nursery rhyme when you were a kid? I recall my brother, cousins and I jumping over Jack's candlestick over and over. We used anything and everything we could find as the candlestick.

5 comments:

Nichole said...

You guys have such fun places to visit out there!

I don't think I had a favorite nursery rhyme as a child. :o( I had a princess book with Disney princess that I loved though!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I remember my mom rocking me and singing patty cake patty cake. Is that considered a nursery rhyme?

Love you.
k

Anonymous said...

Loving the posts Nichole, chronicling your life. Thank you for letting us be a part of all this during our visit. Thanks for helping us create such fun memories!
My most memorable nursery rhyme would have to be Humpty Dumpty, Bah Bah Black Sheep and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It's fun revisiting memory lane! Kristin

Prudence Arcadia said...

Wow, this is too much fun! Love the pictures! I agree, you have the most interesting and fun places to visit!

Hmm, I always like "Ring around the Rosie." Yes, yes, many think it is about the Bubonic Plague, but perhaps it as John Lennon once said "We've learned over the years that if we wanted we could write anything that just felt good or sounded good and it didn't necessarily have to have any particular meaning to us. ...Reviewers would take it upon themselves to interject their own meanings on our lyrics. Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our
lyrics and think, 'Hey, that's pretty good.' If we liked it, we would keep our mouths shut and just accept the credit as if it was what we meant all along.

Shannon said...

How fun! It looks like a place my girls would love!

There's an amusement park in PA near my grandparents... a few years ago we visited and took the girls. They have a section of the park called Storybook Forest... it's very similar to your Fairytale Town! There's even a block of cheese, but I didn't dare climb in it, LOL! You are much braver than I!