A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, May 28, 2010

A week of Beginnings and Endings

Beginning 1
I wanted to come to you all and ask for some prayers on behalf of Yaya's birth mom. We all wish we could get a second chance or "Do-Over" if you will. Well, she will be getting a chance at a new life and a new beginning any day now. We're talking new town, new home, new friends, new job. NEW EVERYTHING! Will you please join me in sending positive thoughts and prayers her way? She has many obstacles to overcome and I hope she'll be successful.

Beginning 2
This week, we started playing a few new games with Yaya. Go Fish and Crazy Eights. She loves them both! Tonight, we'll try Old Maid. I am very excited to be able to play games as a family. I hope she continues to love card games and board games as much as her daddy and I do.

Ending 1
Yaya had her last day of preschool yesterday. Wasn't it just yesterday we were all emotional because we were sending our kids to school? Now, I'm sad it's over. Good grief! Make up your mind already woman!
We celebrated by taking some homemade gifts to her teachers and principal. I can't take the credit for the poem or idea. I "borrowed" them both from Kathi at Tray Bella. Yaya helped me choose the paper color, took all the sticky papers of the scrapping tape so I could assemble them and she stuffed the mugs with a variety of mint candies including: Chocolate chip mint, Breath mints, Chocolate covered mints and peppermint puffs.


The quote on the mugs says,
Thanks for your:
commit-“mint” to help me learn,
encourage-“mint” to always do my best,
involve-“mint” in my life,
invest-“mint” of time and energy to make
school such a great place to be.
Thanks for making each day an
enjoy-“mint”.
Everything you have done this year has
really “mint” a lot to me!
Love, Nevaeh

I also took a few pictures of her on her last day of school.
(I'm not sure where she picked up this pose but it seems to be here to stay.)

Ending 2
To celebrate her last day of school, we took Yaya to see the final Shrek movie. FYI, We opted not to see it in 3-D and loved it just the same. Her sense of humor is so funny. It cracked us up to watch her giggle at things she thought were funny.

What beginnings or endings did you or your family experience this week?
Any emotional moments?

8 comments:

Nichole said...

Yaya's new pose is very cute and girly :o)

I always love parents who take the time to thank teachers at the end of the year, in any form.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Susie said...

Isn't it amazing how fast it goes? I can't believe the school year is coming to an end:-)

Maria said...

Thank you so much for your comment last week on my "dear birthmother" post. I've been out of town and just returned to read your comment and peruse you blog and adoption journey. Your daughter is an absolute doll and it seems her personality is just as special. I'm excited to watch as your 2nd journey unfolds. Blessings and prayers......Maria

Gina said...

Life gets less bittersweet each time around. Just wait until you read what I wrote about Jonah's last day of preschool....

gramma2many said...

Having a conflict, a grandson graduating from HS in Tacoma and a granddaughter from kindergarten here in town. Same day. She will be devastated if I do not make hers, and his is important because it is HS. What to do? What to do?
I absolutely love YaYa's pictures, Darius has begun tilting his head every time I take his picture now too.
Will certainly pray for good connections, friends and choices for the Birth Mother. Every one does deserve a second chance. Where would we be if God had not given us more than one chance.
Great post my dear friend.

cat said...

Wow, how time flies! Re. your comment on my blog - I tried to email you but somehow can not find and address. Please mail me at rinagous@gmail.com and I will give you the info.

Prudence Arcadia said...

Prayers for the birth mom are on the way!

Momo is also a big fan of games.
I'll review a few on my blog we have that I think you might also dig.

Ah, the end of preschool. How does in work in CA, does she have pre-K next or is it already kindergarten?
Those are some lovely gifts, I just know the teachers appreciate them!

Emotional moments? Now, none that are joyous anyway. just a lot of drama I want to go away, hehe!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Arg, blogger ate my comments!

-Prayers are on the way for the birthmother. you are too sweet and too gracious!
-Momo likes games too, I'll review some on my blog, perhaps Yaya will like tehm as well!
-Ah the end of a school year. How is in CA, is Pre K next or is it Kindergarten?
-No emotional moments here, we are still in school, just a lot of stoopid drama I'd soon forget!