A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Prayer Request re. Adoption

We received an email from our adoption social worker this morning. She asked us to read the information provided about a birth family and their situation. If we would like our profile to be shown she has asked us to let her know.

These are the emails or calls you live and hope for when adopting. It can be exciting and terrifying all at once. The decisions you make could potentially impact a child and two or more families lives forever. Including yours if you say yes to having your profile read and are later chosen. We can't just dive head first and then change our minds later.

We have responded with more questions and ask you to please pray.
First, I ask that you pray for wisdom in this situation. Wisdom for the birth mother and father. Wisdom for the staff involved. Wisdom for the other adoptive families who are waiting and deciding they want their profiles shown to this family or others.

Next, I ask that you help me pray for the health of this baby and his/her birth parents.
ABOVE ALL, I pray that God will reveal who He has intended to raise this child without a shadow of a doubt.

Update:  We opted to not have our profiles shown in the situation mentioned above. It was too risky and we have to think of Yaya first. She would be devastated if we brought a sibling home only to have him/her taken back because one of the birthparents changed their minds. (WHICH THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO.) So, we continue to wait and hope for our little one to join our family very soon.

To continue reading our 2nd adoption journey click on A Secret

10 comments:

Susie said...

You are all in my thoughts! How wonderfully life-changing:-)

Rebecca Jo said...

oh wow... totally praying for this whole situation - for EVERYONE involved... most importantly, that precious baby...

Gramma 2 Many said...

Right there with you my dear friend.

Bettina said...

Praying...

Unknown said...

Many, many prayers, dear friend!

Mindy said...

We've been in Tahoe for the weekend so I'm just seeing this now, but I'm praying for it all!

cat said...

Sorry that I ma only reading now, but will keep this issue in my prayers.

Prudence Arcadia said...

I pray for you and your family every night, asking for guidance only He can give regarding this. Now I shall pray for all involved. You are in my thoughts!

Renata said...

Joining you in your prayers. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. It is such an enormous decision!
Love to you
Renata:)

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope it works out!