What kind of thinker are you? I'm a glass is half empty thinker. I always have been. I guess it's a way that I learned to cope with life. If I think of the worst scenario then the reality yet to come couldn't possibly be that bad. Do any of you think this way? Bird is definitely a glass is half full if not completely full thinker and in our almost 11 years of marriage it's been interesting to see how different we think only to arrive in the same place in the end. One of the craziest examples I can remember happened while we were going through the beginning steps of our first IVF treatment. We had just gone to talk to the financial advisor on how much the treatment would cost and the discounts available to us if we chose to be part of an IVF study. As we pulled out of the parking lot I asked Bird, "What do you think of all this?" Mind you I'm thinking about the cost but in the sense that I was trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I was paying someone to do crazy things to my body in order to try and make a baby. Here's what was going through Bird's mind and I quote word for word, "I want to pay for all of this on our credit card so we can earn free frequent flyer miles. " Um... yeah. You could have heard a pin drop in our car. DEAD SILENCE and then uncontrolled laughter from me. (Thinking back my laughter probably sounded much like the laughter of a crazy person.) Which may not have been much of a stretch back then. For the life of me, I couldn't understand how on earth he came up with frequent flyer miles with all the information the woman had just given us. SERIOUSLY!?
Needless to say, that moment in our marriage has gone down in history as the glass is half empty vs. full moment to beat all.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I am a glass half full kind of gal, normally, but with the last situation I didn't know what to think. I wanted to believe so badly that this was our baby, but when thinking about the fact that they could change their minds, I just couldn't jump. That much money just made me hurt to think about losing it and I just felt we would lose it. Half empty, right there.
Hey - gotta hand it to him for thinking... get a BONUS :)
Me & my husband are TOTAL opposites in thinkng too.. he wakes up EVERY morning expecting the worst...
That is a great moment! I tend to naturally be the half empty, and then try to convince myself to the half full.
I am empty and my husband is full so, we have similar encounters in our house:-)
I love Birds thinking:)
I try hard to be a glass half full...but I think I am more of a glass half empty...and then I try to figure out what's great about it being half empty (like that means I only have half left to drink)...does that make sense :)
I like our buddy Elvis' theology...and you know, of course, who I am speaking of:
"Just because I see the glass as half full doesn't mean that I don't know it is also half empty"
I'm usually a half empty thinker but i would have been in the same lane as Bird on earning cashback or miles on a cc :)
I'm a panicking about the glass girl.
I think I'm a half full.
I can only imagine how 'out of the blue' that comment was to you. I love the way God puts opposites together!
Hope you have a lovely week
Renata:)
Okay, that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I love it! I'm not sure which way I see things, but I have a habit of leaving about 1/2" of my drink in the glass. What does that mean? : )
I LOVE it!!!!!!
I'm a full... Mr. B is a... mostly full. The ex was a half empty... no... totally empty... no... actually... he was usually a "some bleepity bleep person took my bleeping glass" kind of person....
Post a Comment