A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sometimes Life is Messy Part 2

Last year, we had such a good time playing in the rain puddles I figured it would be even more fun to do it with friends. Thursday afternoon, we had our weekly play date after school and at the last minute I asked the girls and their dad if they would like to go play in some puddles at the park. They couldn't have been more excited so off I went digging through Yaya's closet to find shoes for them to muddy up.
Testing the waters
I love the look on Elizabeth's face here!
All Systems GOOOOO!
Somewhere along the line Elizabeth's pants grew an inch or so.
If there had been a mud puddle winner Elizabeth would have won hands down.
The girls sang about worms and danced all the way home...

6 comments:

Bug said...

It looks like the girls had a wonderful time! Oh to be young and free spirited like that again! They just don't know how lucky they have it right now! :)

Love the pictures again!

Nancy said...

Now THAT, my friend, is how to be a little girl!!! What fun that must have been! I'm jealous! Wouldn't you love to go jump in puddles????

Rebecca Jo said...

I love to play in puddles myself! :)

Love all the pics... love the sun was shining too - makes for PERFECT puddle jumping!!!

Susie said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Wisconsin Girl said...

Love that last pic of Yaya. WHAT FUN!!! I remember your post from last year and thought it looked like so much fun too. Sam would be all over that. Can't wait for our snow to turn to puddles here! Love your new look for your blog too:)

Renata said...

We also love jumping in puddles - even me!
There's something wonderful about making a big splash & being carefree.

Great pictures - & I meant to say earlier that I love your new blog header - too cute!