A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

35 Years Ago Today...

my little bother (oops) I meant to say BROTHER was born.
You've always had your own style. Love brown the zuit suit!
The above photo was taken shortly after we returned to the United States from living over seas.
Who could forget your plaid pants or this cowboy hat?
The above photo was taken on Easter Sunday when he was 3-4 years old.
Today my brother is on the other side of the world celebrating his birthday with co-workers. I know it's the last place he wants to be but I'm so proud of him for taking on this adventure. It was a huge step for him going across the world by himself. He is one who prefers to stay close to home but this year his job had other plans in mind for him. He was forced to step outside his comfort zone and as a result he's learned so many new things and met many wonderful people. He even got to visit the Taj Mahal! Talk about a birthday he'll never forget! He misses his kids, friends and home like crazy but I think he's enjoyed his 6 weeks working in India. I know we all miss him like crazy!
I'm so proud of you Marc! No matter how old we are, I'll always think of you as my baby brother. I'm the luckiest big sister in the whole world! We can't wait to come visit you next month. You're in our thoughts and prayers for safe travels home this weekend.

11 comments:

gramma2many said...

I love that kind of bond.
Happy Birthday to Marc and safe travels.

Nancy said...

Have a Happy Birthday Marc!!!

cat said...

Oh I wish I had a brother too! And what a great adventure.

Rebecca Jo said...

Nothing like a brother to help you get through life! :)

Unknown said...

Ahhh so sweet, love the photos! Happy Birthday Marc.

Marc said...

I have been blessed with a wonderful family, amazing friends, and a good life. I have a sister to which none can compare! Love you Nic....I can't wait to see you! And just so you know I spent today with more bday cake smashed in my face than ever... it is customary in India to do this... needless to say it was a good experience!

Bug said...

Happy Birthday Marc! I wish you safe travels back home to the boys and your family! So glad that you have enjoyed your birthday in India with cake in the face! :) You do have an AWESOME sister! She is a wonderful BFF as well!

Nic, does that mean that you and your mom found a date that works for you to come out to my neck of the woods or is Marc flying out to your neck of the woods??? Do tell my dear friend!! :)

Oh and just so you all know...Nebraska surprised Mizzou in the Big 12 Basketball tourny today and BEAT them 75 - 60! Remember Nebraska basketball stinks royally! :) YAHOO!!!

Safe travels Marc!

Susie said...

Those old pictures are AWESOME!! I hope he had a GREAT birthday:-)

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly about my baby brother. :)
You are a good sis!!!

Happy B-day Marc!!!!!!!!!!!

gramma2many said...

Same concept, Frizzy, but smaller following. You can click on the Blog Trotter Logo on my blog and get to their site. When you register your state, they will send you a note when they want to feature you.
I think we met through Karin.
Love the picture of YaYa in her darling little shorts outfit:)

Renata said...

Oh I hope he had a wonderful birthday - even if he is on the other side of the world. He certainly will remember this one.

Sounds like you guys are close - which is wonderful.
Have a nice weekend
Renata :)