A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine's Surprise

Bird's family and I have been plotting and scheming for a few weeks to surprise him for an early Valentine's Day gift. As I've said before, his family means the WORLD to him and to say he's been a little homesick would be a huge understatement. I hated hearing this and got straight to work figuring out how to get them here ASAP.
 
Yesterday, I picked his mom, Beverly AKA "BO" from the airport and headed to where Yaya and I were supposed to meet him for lunch. Yaya and I walked in first and gave him our HELLO DADDY Hugs. Bo wandered in a few minutes later. Can you tell he was a little shocked? He couldn't believe she was really there.
When they hugged reality set in.
Seeing these smiles is proof of how perfect this gift was.
Bo brought Yaya the Velveteen Rabbit.
Even our dog Ellie enjoyed listening to the story.
Playing dress-up together was a perfect way to end the night.
 

12 comments:

Nichole said...

What a wonderful gift! I'm glad you were able to pull off a surprise like that :o)

Hope you all have a wonderful time together!

Bug said...

Great pictures Nichole! What a wonderful gift you gave to Mr. Bird! :o)

Love the dressing up pictures too! What a fun time you all are having!

Susie said...

That IS the perfect gift!! Awesome job:-)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Love you Girl.

k

P.S. My word veri is: kinki

Guess there's not much of that this weekend....


bwahahhahahahahahaha!!!
(I had to lighten the mood, Girl. You KNOW I did!)

Gina said...

Na-hice!

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!!

Julie said...

that is awesome, what a blessing

cat said...

What a cool gift! I am sure he will always remember it.

Wisconsin Girl said...

LOVE IT!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love grandma in the boa! What a great gift!

Renata said...

What a great gift - I would love something like that (if only my hubby or mum would read your blog!)
Have a wonderful time!
Renata :)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Sorry I am so late getting over to see this. What a happy surprise!!!!
Karin, my word veri is lifer. Guess that means a lifetime of great friendship:)