Prior to Bird's mom arriving I asked him to take Friday and Monday off. I wouldn't tell him why I just said I had early Valentine's plans for those days. Part of that plan included a day at the zoo. Bird doesn't get to hang with us girls at the zoo very often so it was fun having him and Bo with us. We picked the perfect day too. In my opinion the animals are always more active after it rains.

The monkeys were fun to watch and listen to but I didn't get any good shots. They were too busy and fast.
I think they got on the lion or tiger's nerves because one of them let out one heck of a roar as if giving a warning to "BE QUIET!" We thought it was pretty cool and rare to hear a real lion or tiger's roar.
We watched the zoo keeper coaxing this baby giraffe out of the back with food.
Above is a shot of the vets clipping this bird's wings and giving him a check-up. I love how intimate this zoo is. You really get to feel like you're part of the action and not just looking on from afar.
We ended with a picnic at the zoo's playground area. I can't think of a better way to teach Yaya about the world around her. All of our actions impact the world and the lives of the animals in it..
8 comments:
Very cool! You are such a good mama! :o)
That is so much fun! I love the zoo!
A trip to the zoo is always a good time! As always, I love your piotures...you are such a great photographer.
I'm hanging in there and don't ever apologize for infrequent visits...I know your heart towards me and feel the same.
Praying for your new arrival too!
Blessings and hugs to you!
awesome idea!
cute pictures!!
It's so weird to see no snow.
We have tons here in Wisconsin. I can't imagine visiting the zoo in Feb. ;)
Do you have a zoo in your town, or do you have to go elsewhere? We have to drive to Seattle and it is so costly to get in that I rarely go. I do enjoy it when I do though. I used to take my kids often when they were young, my sisters and I would get together and make a day of it. It was free then too.
I love the pictures especially when I see YaYa in them:)
Kind of funny to see Bird in shorts in the middle of February too.
I can't imagine spending a cold, drippy day at the zoo...
And FYI- Sebastian is home- working about 20 minutes from here. The name of the video is an inside joke.
Got to love the zoo.
How fun!!
Post a Comment