A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, August 28, 2009

John 8:12

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
"I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life." (NIV)
I took this photo in June, 09 Les Beaux France
Feeling a little nostalgic today and am thankful for God's presence in my life. He brings me such comfort in times of trouble and such joy when His plans are revealed. Yesterday, I received a call from the Dr's office. My blood work came back "normal" and most important, I do not have diabetes. Still no answer as to the cause of my partial neck and face paralysis but I'm thankful for the answers I do have.

15 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Yes - Praise the Lord for the answers you have so far being good news.. praying for some sort of answer though...

Unknown said...

God is so good! So glad!

The Blonde Duck said...

Hooray! I'm glad you got some good answers.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

love you girl.
kJ

Sissy said...

I'm so happy it all turned out well!

Wisconsin Girl said...

I'm very thankful too. Scary to have all of those tests done and wait for the unknown. Frustrating there isn't an explanation, but so glad all these tests are coming back good! Thanks for sharing:)

papertrails leaver said...

I couldn't agree with you more for being thankful for some positive news from the doctor. It's not easy diagnosising/discovering why things happen but having faith in the Lord has helped me. Praying for you and hoping an answer is avialable soon. Good bless!

Mummy McTavish said...

Praying for that answer and rejoicing that more and more bad stuff is getting crossed off the list!!! Has there been any change for the better or worse in the amount of paralysis?

Debra Kaye said...

My sweet friend,

I am praying for you. I know that the unknown can be scary but I love what you said...what you do know is good! And Jesus knows and He is still in the miracle business! Amen...Love ya girlie!

cat said...

Great you got some answers and so thankful that all is well. How great that God is there to comfort us in times of need.

Debra Kaye said...

Hey sweet one,

God's mercies are new this day and don't ever forget...He is still in the miracle business!

Love you!

Susan said...

Glad you got some good news from the Dr's. Hope they can figure out what's causing the paralysis.

lori said...

Frizzy,
Praying...for you and for answers and for all those you know and love out there battling these fires...

It is a blessing that the blood work for diabetes came back negative...now praying for the rest of the answer.

I stayed a little longer today...and the avocado mayonaise sounds DIVINE! Anything with avocado AND mayonaise in the same line has my attention.

Peace to you...prayers with you.

lori

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope everything is still ok!

Renata said...

So pleased for you that those are ruled out. Thanks for sharing that verse - one of my favourites.