A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

We´re in Barcelona!

Hello or should I say, ¨Hola.¨ We just arrived a few hours ago and got to our hotel without any problems. We ate at a little cafe just down the street from our hotel and it was sooo good. Loved that we were surrounded by locals and the two of us were the only tourists. We shared a mixed salad with tuna, potatoe wedges and a ham and egg sandwich. Yummy! Dropping off Yaya in Seattle went well. It was harder on us then it seemed to be for her. She´s having a blast with her Boppy, Bo, Aunt, Uncle and cousins. Bird and I actually had an entire row of seats just for the two of us from Seattle to Paris. NICE! The airlines have really made some great improvements on overseas flights too. Foot rests, individual tvs in front of each person with games, magazines, movies and tv shows you can choose at your own will. HEAVEN! I got caught up on a few movies I´ve wanted to see and so did Bird. Bird found his seat to be much smaller between Paris and Barcelona. He couldn´t even sit down because he´s too tall. Luckily the steward was right there and allowed him to sit in the exit row. I´m trying to soak up every single sight, sound and smell. So many memories are coming back and so many more new ones to make. For now, we´re trying very hard to stay awake until everyone else heads to bed. Prayers please as we´re both hitting the brick wall about now. Actually, Bird is up in the room taking a nap. SHAME ON HIM! Thank you for your prayers and well wishes everyone.

18 comments:

Just Lisa said...

I am SO jealous! Take a million pictures to share, and have fun!

Gramma 2 Many said...

I was so happy to see a post already. Have so much fun and cannot wait to see the picture!!

Sissy said...

I loved Parque Guell with all the mosiacs, so I can recommend you go there if you can. Have fun.

Julie said...

yeah, glad you had extra room, that is awesome... unfortunately not all airlines have the foot rests nor the individual tv's... I get frustrated when we don't get a plane like that going home.

My dad just did a cruise out of Barcelona and loved it... ENJOY

Susan said...

Have an awesome trip! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

The Blonde Duck said...

Have a great time!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

how wonderful that you are there! (i can't believe you're there already!!!) enjoy!!! can't wait to hear more!
karin

Jen said...

This isn't about your post, but your blog info. We've adopted as well. Isn't it a gift & joy?

Betty said...

Hope you are enjoying yourselves! Take lots of pic´s for to show us later.... :)

Nancy said...

Thinking of you! Have a wonderful time and I know you WILL SHARE pictures when you get home!!!!

Renata said...

Have an exciting, wonderful time!! The first flight sounds great - catching up on movies...
Glad Yaya is going well!

Gramma 2 Many said...

I am having a blogiversary give away, better get over to enter. I know you are having lots of fun there in Spain, but THIS is important too!!

cat said...

Oh enjoy! And enjoy Gaudi for me please.

Terri said...

Sounds like flights have changed a ton! We went to Paris 2 years ago. No individual tvs then! lol Enjoy yourselves. Can't wait to see pictures!

Bug said...

Can't wait to hear all about the trip and cruise! I hope that you are enjoying yourselves and being safe! Miss being able to pick up the phone and talk to you. Hurry back home! :)

Shannon said...

Yeah, I'm jealous, too.

But so glad y'all made it safely! Hope you're having a fabulous time... can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see all of your pictures! Have a fab time!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Have a lovely trip, and have a safe trip back! I am glad all seems to be going well and I hope you guys are having a BLAST! Oh and Nic, when we last chatted via FB, what you said about my MIA blog got me thinking that maybe I should revive it. So I did. Same same bat time, same bat channel. Can't wait to hear from you and about all your adventures!