A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Off WE GO!

We chose our Adoption Agency today. (God did really! Wait and see how he revealed His plan.) We wanted to use Bethany during our first adoption but they wouldn't cross state lines into Nevada. This time I hesitated to use them only because they're about an hour and a half from where we live. I've been nervous about starting this journey again and think that's why we haven't been sold on or happy with any of the agencies we had met with. That all changed today!

Bird and I stopped to eat at Chili's before the informational adoption meeting. While we were waiting on our meal I overheard the song Blackbird on the restaurant's radio. Some of you may recall this is the same song we heard the night we first met Yaya. We felt the words in the song were God's way of telling us she was meant to be ours. The words say, "You were always waiting for this moment to arise." Tonight was the first time I have heard it played on the radio since that night in our car 2 years ago. Also like before, I hadn't even noticed music playing in the background until I heard Sarah McLachlan's voice, "Blackbird singing in the dead of night." I froze and then told Bird, "SHHH! Listen to the music!" He couldn't even hear the song until I sang along with it myself. We just stared at each other in shock and amazement. We couldn't believe in all this time neither of us had heard the song on the radio til that moment. If that wasn't enough of a smack in the head...GET THIS!

We walked in the front door of Bethany and directly behind the counter was this scripture plastered across the wall in HUGE LETTERS.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

This is one of many scriptures that got me through our attempts at IVF as well as our first adoption journey. Until today, I hadn't even felt excitement about a second adoption. I thought it was because I wasn't ready emotionally. Turns out, I was waiting for God's push. As soon as I heard that song on the radio I got chills and so did Bird. Then, to read those words in bold print on the wall as we walked in just about brought me to my knees! The final sign of the night came when we heard the Social Worker's testimony. She explained how she was adopted. In addition, she and her husband adopted their son through Bethany and she started working for them soon after. This is something we felt was important with our adoption. We wanted to know the people working for us had adopted themselves and really understood what we were going through first hand. Boy does she ever!

Tonight, we feel like we're floating on a cloud! We are so excited to start this process again feeling God is behind us in our decision. We ask that you pray for us. We will need tons of prayer, guidance and support while filling out forms and making decisions that will effect us, Yaya and our newest family member for the rest of our lives. THANK YOU ALL!

Click HERE if you would like to continue reading our adoption story.

20 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

HOW WONDERFUL! I am so glad that you are feeling things are going the right way. I cannot imagine the anxiety all the adoption decisions would bring.

Still praying for your trip and your adoption journey!

liz said...

Wow! Brought tears to my eyes. I've heard of the "God" moments, where He truly is talking to you. I've now had two of them in my life and they sounded just like what you described..."hello? Are you listening?" I remember you driving in the car hearing that song after first meeting your sweet girl and now here it is again (quietly played, but loudly heard by you!). I will pray for all involved in this journey and wish y'all a wonderful, relaxing trip and a happy anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm typing through tears...I'm so encouraged in the Lord right now and for your family.
God is so good.

I'll be praying...

Unknown said...

How wonderful! How exciting!!! Continuing to pray for you on the journey.

Bug said...

Love you! I am so happy for the 3 of you!

Talk to you soon. Sorry...I have no words this morning.....

CTNKC said...

Wow! If that does not give you the push and help you know what to do, nothing would.

I am so happy for the three of you. You are fantastic parents and any child will be blessed to have you in their lives. Love you!

Shannon said...

God is so good!

I'm so happy and excited for you!

Betty said...

That is so great that you found such a clear answer concerning your next child! I´m sure you will experience much more of God´s "mysterious" ways in the future! He is good!

Gramma 2 Many said...

What a beautiful happy post. I am so excited for you!! When is the anniversary trip? I may have missed your post telling us when it was.
Yaya is going to be a big sister!! WhooooooHooooo!
God is going to bless you in mighty ways through this wonderful journey, I know!:)
Prayers all around.

Just Lisa said...

That's so exciting! Good luck!

Sissy said...

We considered Bethany when looking for an agency, and liked them, but God drew us to our agency instead.

When I was in Barcelona we took a taxi from the airport to our hotel since all bus drivers were on strike. The ride wasn't long as the airport seems close to the city. The taxi was easy to get at the curb.

When are you leaving for your trip?

Susie said...

That's awesome! You have your eyes and ears wide open to hear your plan! That's inspiring:-)

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so glad things are falling into place! Isn't it wonderful when things emerge into the light? Things happen for a reason...:)

And of course we would have had fun as little kids. But we can still have fun now!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ahhhhhh....i love it!!!! praying for adoption jouney for you all!

Unknown said...

i am so excited for you! Sending prayers your way! (about the photo on my blog.... just my regular lens...sunny day... & I just zoomed in on her eyes in my photo editing program! ) Thanks for turning me on to I heart faces!

Susan said...

What great confirmation of God's plans for you.

allison hoffman hastings said...

I am cracking up thinking about the train ride we did in Italy. I don't think you want to do that again!

Once again, God is giving you many signs that the time has come to adopt again. I can't wait to meet the new bundle of joy. Also, we are looking forward to our time with Nevaeh.

tammy said...

Wow...what an incredibly testimony you have there. Someday you are going to have quite a story to share with groups of women thinking of going down the adoption path. God is truly opening doors for you and giving you a testimony that will be sure to glorify Him and bless others. :)I love how He is speaking to you to let you know that yes, it's time. Looking forward to hearing more and "meeting" the newest addition to your family when that time comes.

cat said...

Oh this IS amazing! God reveals what we need - sometimes slowly and sometimes in these WOW moments. Good luck, and Godspeed with the adoption. As an only child I strongly believe no child should grow up without siblings.

Privet and Holly said...

One of my favorite
songs of all time,
truly. It is amazing
when God sends signs
like this. Praying
that it will be a swift
and beautiful journey.
xx Suzanne