A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, April 27, 2009

I Heart Faces "Reflections"

I've decided to participate in I Heart Faces weekly photo challenge again this week. I am absolutely amazed at how many beautiful pictures have been taken with this week's theme of "reflections." As soon as I saw the theme I knew which photo I wanted to submit. This is one of my all time favorite shots of Yaya. It was taken on her first birthday. She was totally hypnotized by the fish in the aquarium at Caesar's Palace.
Be sure to head on over and check out the other participant's photos at
I <3 Faces

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh...what a littl doll... yaya is precious!

Susie said...

So cute!! I love the reflection theme!! Really cool:-)

Niecey said...

Very sweet

Susan said...

Cute picture! I love that aquarium at Caesers - it mesmerizes me.

Taylor said...

Beautiful picture and girl!

Dawn said...

What a precious picture!! I love it!!!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

What a sweet sweet picture of a sweet sweet little girl!

Unknown said...

So cute! :-) glad you joined in this week!

Rosina said...

AWWW..she is absolutely adorable!! And I love how intense she looks in this shot--looks like she is concentrating so hard! Great job, thank you for visiting!

The Blonde Duck said...

That pink little headband is so cute!

Shannon said...

Awww! Look at those cheeks!

Blessedw5mom said...

Ahhhh ... how sweet!

Gramma 2 Many said...

The picture is too cute!! I would blow it up and frame it.
Applebee's in Silverdale would be the closest. I am in for it.
I will be in Anaheim June 30 through July 7. Am taking 2 grands to Disneyland. Thought we could make a meeting place then also. Are you close enough for that?

Gramma 2 Many said...

Love, love, love the picture. I would definitely enlarge it and frame it.
I think Applebee's in Silverdale would be great. I think that is the closest one to your in laws. Let's try. I am going to be in Anaheim from June 30 to July 7 so maybe we could meet up then also. Was thinking maybe dinner at our condo one evening. There is another blogger we plan to meet while we are down there. We could make it a party.
Please do share the salad recipe, maybe you could just post it and we can all have it.
Hoping to see you soon!!

Renata said...

What a beautiful picture of a beautiful baby!