A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

More Q and A's.

Nichole asked What do you do when (you think) no one is looking? Good question! Hmmmm, I can't believe I'm going to share this but I'm paranoid about bad breath so I try to smell my breath to decide if I need a breath mint. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope and I never have. I hate to wear shoes so I kick any and all shoes off my feet as fast as possible. Do you have any hidden talents? I like to pick up toys, socks, you name it with my toes. I do this all the time. Is that a talent? My husband thinks I'm a freak. However, I've seen Yaya is starting to do it too. LOL! Do you have any phobias? I HATE BUGS! My family makes fun of me and says I'm paranoid of them but I really think bugs seek me out. Especially mosquitoes! If there's one anywhere in my vicinity it'll find me and try to suck my blood! When we lived in Italy there were gaps under all the doors to allow for air flow. We also didn't have screens in our windows which is common for Italian homes. These openings allowed tiny lizards, angle worms and stink bugs to crawl or fly inside. I think this is when I really became phobic of bugs in my home. I remember after a month of solid rain seeing an angle worm slithering across my area rug. I went bananas! The next day I begged our landlords to install screens in the windows and offered to pay. Besides family and friends, what is one thing that you could not live without? A pillow. I have to sleep with a pillow in my arms or I can't fall asleep at night. Also, my friends would tell you I almost always have a pillow in my lap when I'm sitting down. It's kind of a security thing for me and has been for as long as I can remember. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I could sit and read Jacques Cousteau's books for hours and hours when I was a kid. When I was 7 or 8 years old, I was picked out of the audience to play with Shamu at Sea World in California. It was the coolest thing ever to be able to hug, dance with and pet Shamu. I even got to touch his sandpaper like tongue. Definitely one of my favorite memories from my childhood and I've been a huge lover of the ocean and all the creatures in it ever since. Want to hear how crazy I am? I dream of someday swimming with sharks. Hot Tub Lizzy asked... What's one guilty pleasure you have? I love sweets though I don't keep them in my home unless we're having company. So, something I have to have on a daily basis is a can of Coke. It's my biggest weakness! What's your favorite breakfast food? I love breakfast burritos but only allow myself to have them when I go out to breakfast. YUM! YUM! It doesn't get any better than eggs, cheese, salsa and sour cream in the morning. What would you do if it was 2.5 hours past your child's bedtime and they were still up? CRY! Actually, we had some issues with Yaya's bedtime after Halloween this year. Thankfully, we helped her over that and she falls asleep in her bed on her own again. Well, she did before our company came Saturday. We'll see if she goes willingly back into her own bed tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved all your answers -- I do the toe thing and the shoe thing. LOL -- Thanks for sharing

BBB said...

I always love learning more about my friends!!!!!

Tracey said...

I hate shoes too and kick them off immediately when I walk in the house...if I can get by without socks I get rid of those too.

Nichole said...

Ok I have no idea what an angle worm is but it sounds disgusting! I hate all creepy-crawly things too. I'll even set bowls over top of bugs so they can't get anywhere before Dave can kill them...YUCK!! I'm also a mosquito/gnat attracter. I feel like such a spaz constantly swatting them away while everyone else sits comfortably outside.

This was really fun...the things you can learn about someone... :o)

Shannon said...

I don't like wearing shoes in the house, either! I kick 'em off as soon as I get home.

cat said...

Oh I also hate shoes - well, I love pretty shoes, but the first chance I get,they're of! And do you know that here in South Africa you can go swimming (in a cage) with great white sharks? One more reason to come. Oh and I also adore sweets.