A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anonymous and Dawn

Anonymous in KC asked... If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be? We all have moments in our life we wish we could change or relive. I hate to think I may have caused anyone I cared for pain. In addition, I wish I hadn't allowed myself to be hurt by people I felt were my friends or otherwise. However, I am a firm believer in learning from those experiences and moving forward. I know there isn't one person or situation in my life that hasn't in some way shaped the person I am today and I like who I am. On the other hand...the one concrete thing I would change would be the ability to sell our home in Vegas without losing all the money we paid for it. IF ONLY MONEY REALLY GREW ON TREES! Our beautiful Las Vegas home is the one thing that makes me crazy. However, God seems to have something up his sleeve for us and I'm trying to be patient while He finds the right time to let us in on his plan. Now, how about leaving your name the next time you leave a comment or ask a question. ;) I would love to know who you are! Dawn asked... What's your idea of the perfect date for you and your husband? Dang, my husband made me change my first answer. It made him blush! Seriously though, we love trying new restaurants and exloring our community. We love seeing the shows especially when we lived in Vegas. We have always had fun traveling together on long or short trips. Then again, a quiet night at home sipping wine, playing a game of scrabble or snuggling on the couch is pretty awesome too. I wrote about one of my favorite dates with him here. What's his idea? Running through the sprinkler and singing "We are the World." Or, enjoying a first-class restaurant and a show (if the sprinklers aren't working). He wrote that all by himself! Now you understand just one of the reasongs I love him. HE MAKES ME LAUGH!

8 comments:

Betty said...

Interesting post! Your husband is hilarious! :)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Love you!

cat said...

Oh your husband is seriously funny.

Terri said...

Hubby sound wonderful!

Dawn said...

LOL Frizzy! I loved his answer!! We may have to try that when the weather warms up! LOL!

Thanks for answering my questions.
(I'm curious to know that what made him blush! hehe)

Wisconsin Girl said...

How does Bird come up with those things?!?!?! They just roll right off his tongue and we'd both have to sit there and TRY to think of something funny! Crack me up! Wish we were there to double date!

The Blonde Duck said...

Where did you find the Rubber Chicken?

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks for answering my question. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us.