Monday, March 30, 2009
This One's For Anissa and Rebecca Jo
Anissa asked What is your favorite time of year and why?
I love fall which you may or may not have guessed from all my posts last fall. I can't get enough of all the colors in nature! They are the same colors I seem to surround myself with in my home. Golds, greens, reds, plums! I LOVE THESE COLORS! It's also my favorite season because during my frequent moves it's often a season that is very brief or missed all together in some parts of the country/world.
Rebecca Jo asked What is your favorite smell?
I recently did a post on 5 senses that asked 4 of my favorite smells and 1 smell I dislike. Here's what I answered.
1. The smell of my husband, daughter and the smell of my home!
2. Onions and garlic cooking on the stove or bread/cake/brownies in the oven.
3. Lilacs, Lavender, Rosemary and Jasmine
4. Italian Espresso bars!
5. Hate: dirty diapers, cat litter, cat urine or smoke
What age would you go back to again because you loved?
This is a hard question for me to answer because I don't seem to be one who lives in the moment or here and now (though I am working on it now that my husband and Yaya are in my life.) Historically, I've looked forward to or worried what is coming or around the corner because I've moved so much. That said, I loved being on my own for the first time and living in my own apartment when I was 24. I can't tell you how important it was to me to know I could live and succeed on my own. In fact, I refused to get married until I knew I could take care of myself and didn't need to rely on anyone. IT WAS EMPOWERING and I think everyone should give themselves this same gift before committing their life to another. I also love my life right now. I have a great husband and a healthy little girl who make my life complete.
What age period would you like to live in?
I am drawn to books and movies set in time periods like Oliver Twist, Little Women, Sense and Sensibility, Wuthering Heights, Tess of the d'Urbervilles. I don't know why! If I did live in that time period, I would not have been nobility. I would not have enjoyed being a second, third or fourth class citizen nor do I like to see anyone treated as such! I love to look at the clothes from that period but know I would have died if I were forced to wear them myself. Plus, I like my car, air conditioning, washer, dryer, microwave, electric or gas stoves and heater thank you very much. LOL! What can I say I guess I'm a romantic? I'm spoiled in this period here and now.
What does a perfect day look like for you?
Time spent with family or friends playing games, relaxing, or traveling. I'm also a sucker for a day to myself w/o a goal or care in the world.
Labels:
Trivia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm also horrible about living in the here and now. I have too many what-ifs about the future to worry about it seems. Definitely something I am working on too!
Glad you are doing this...it's fun to learn more about you :o)
Love this idea! can I steal it? It is such a great way to get to know more about you....: )
Oh I so agree - one has to learn to take care of yourself and to live by yourself before attempting to share it.
Fun!!! Thanks!!
Post a Comment