Sunday, March 29, 2009
Here you go!
Friday, I decided to let you ask me some questions. I wasn't sure if anyone would have any questions so you can imagine my surprise this morning when I opened my blog to find not one but several. I'm going to answer your questions in the order they were asked. That means I'm answering your questions first Betty. Yeah! I'm so excited about this! Thanks for playing along everyone.
1. Do you plan on adopting again?
As a matter of fact we are in the process of looking at 3 or 4 agencies right now. We are shocked at how much has changed in the adoption world in only 2 years too! For example, the most cost effective way you can adopt a child is w/o using an agency. This means you advertise your profile on a website like Adoption.com. You'll need to still hire someone to do your home study, hire a lawyer to finalize the adoption and I would recommend using an Adoption Consultant too. They will help you do such things as get proof of a pregnancy from a birth mother and help you work through any possible problems or questions. We're currently looking at these agencies Bethany, Adoption Network, Little Angels and/or Sierra Adoption Services.
2. & 3. Do you work outside of the house (job)? If not, what kind of job did you have?
I am now a full time stay at home mommy. Prior to adopting Yaya I was a Social Worker in various health care settings such as Long Term Care, Hospice, hospital Discharge Planning and Alzheimer's Unit Director.
4. Do you always make your own pasta now that you've taken that class? :)
I haven't hand made pasta since my class last weekend. That said, I look forward to making it again soon. Would be fun to make my own lasagna noodles. However, I will probably wait until my birthday in April. Maybe my sweet sweet husband will buy me a pasta maker. (Hint Hint!)
Great questions Betty! Thanks for participating. If you are tuning in late but have a question feel free to leave it in today's comments. I'll continue to answer your questions in the order they are received and as time and 6 added people in my home allow. ;) Anissa my friend, I'll be anwering your question next.
Labels:
Trivia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ok I have a few random questions, and no they are not thought provoking just fun :o) ...
What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?
Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Do you have any hidden talents?
Do you have any phobias?
Besides family and friends, what is one thing that you could not live without?
When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Ok, that's all I'll ask for now. Hope you have a great week and enjoy your company!
Okay - I have a couple:
What's one guilty pleasure you have?
What's your favorite breakfast food?
What would you do if it was 2.5 hours past your child's bedtime and they were still up?
You are so precious, my friend! I love learning more and more about you.
Happy Monday!
Love learning more about you! Thanks for sharing
Loved this! Thanks for answering my questions. I hope you have success in your adoption endeavor!
Frizzy, hi...
We've each written, and discussed, tho' briefly, between us, the subject of gratitude. I'm writing now to ask/invite you to look over my most recent post, if you have time and interest. It's about my initiation to real gratitude, but within the context of a later tragedy and also within the context of Lent. Ultimately, quite an undertaking! I'm interested in any feedback you might have.
Also... I'm thinking... A conflict I mention in it was with my husband. We were so at odds at that time. I'm also wondering if anything in it might be helpful to the friend you wrote about not long ago in a type of conflict with her husband.
I enjoyed your Q/A post. Very interested in your background with social services and alzheimers specifically. I may have questions for you sometime about alzheimers.
God bless and be with you and yours now and always.
Oh gosh, I am so sorry I missed your post on Friday, but I was in bed sick - had a rough week.
I would love it if you can publish your favorite Brownie recipe - but it would have to be from scratch - no mixes. And going with that, do you actually bake from scratch or not?
What is your favorite childhood memory?
What is your favorite type of holiday or holiday spot?
What song will best describe you?
And last, but definetely not least, when are you coming to visit me? ;-)
So great to get to know you! I'll be looking forward to more answers!
Oh yes, and I have a pasta maker - just love doing it! (my word varification is "happi" - how fun is that!)
What's your favorite type of pie?
Did you see the Rubber Chicken today?
Post a Comment