It's a new year & like many of you, I've decided to organize & declutter in 2009. You may remember my aunt & uncle gave Yaya this wonderful hand-me-down train set on Thanksgiving.
She's had hours & hours of fun with it. I on the other hand missed having a coffee table & adult living room. One of my Christmas wishes was for my grandfather & dad to make a top for this table. Nothing complicated just a matching top that can go on or off as needed. Well, here is the end result.
I love it & so far so does Yaya. Notice, we even got the racing stickers off the sides!
I love it & so far so does Yaya. Notice, we even got the racing stickers off the sides!
Any decorating ideas? The center piece needs to be Yaya friendly and Yaya proof.
16 comments:
Looks good! Knowing you, you'll come up with a great centerpiece.
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Look great! I know how you feel I have toys all over the place.
Hugs,
What a great idea! Can´t wait to see the center piece you come up with!
I have no ideas whatsoever! lol I love what they came up with and know you will find a precious centerpiece. I can't wait to see it, my friend.
Happy Monday to you!
a centerpiece - that's toddler friendly? are you kidding me?
here, let me google it. there has to be SOMEthing out there...
yeah. there's not.
but what about buying a small canvas - maybe 8" square, letting her paint it til her heart's content with some colors that match your decor, then prop it up on either a tabletop easel or one of those picture holder-thingys, then put her trains in a basket next to it with a stuffy snowman in the middle of the two creating your aesthetically pleasing triangle of design? Or, have her paint a 'snowman,' - fill the basket with styrofoam balls and the stuffed snowman beside...
What a great top! I gave my daughter a basket of fake flowers to make a centerpiece for our coffe table. If she makes it, she won't destroy it.
Hmmm.... I would probably fan out some magazines, maybe a centerpience of candles (or other nonbreakable item!)
I love the top! It matches perfectly!
Love it!!! Its big too!!!
You'll want something BIG but simple for a centerpiece... just so if the kids wanted to get in it - you dont have to take 100 little things off the table...
What about a box or basket for other toys/ little knick knacks?
The fuzzy Duck looks forward to their next date!
I like the idea of letting YaYa create something to go on it. Maybe you could make it a permanent display space by screwing a piece of plexiglass on top that you would be able to slide her drawings under. They wouldn't get ruined, but you would get to enjoy them.
Having the top made was a great idea! And I like the plexiglass idea from Sissy, too...
What a GREAT idea! Is there anything you don't think of? I am off to check with your friend about camping in Europe ideas....
Great idea!
They sure did a good job. And now since Yaya is gonna be playing with that table too,I think a wicker basket with florals in it would look good on the table. Something that is unbreakable and easy to remove. Nothing Fancy just something to transform it from a toy table to a wonderful center table. Yaya friendly! I have a 4 year old and I know what you mean :)
looks great!
if you hour house is like mine..the kid proofed centerpiece will get carried somewhere else in the house!
Post a Comment