A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Countless Blessings

During our trip we were reminded of all the people and things our lives are blessed with. No matter how challenging our drive, the journey was worth every moment. Seeing Yaya and Bird with his side of the family (Panama friends included) is priceless. Christmas is already filled with joy and celebration of our Lord and Savior's birth but it means even more when surrounded by family and friends.
All 3 girls received matching pajamas, matching dogs & carriers,
necklaces & Madame Alexander dolls,

matching skirts made by The G' Unit's, Mimi.
The outfits were completed with shirts and tights by Aunt A.
We were all invited for the Annual Christmas morning breakfast/brunch at Papa and Mimi's. (AKA The G' Unit's parent's house.) Let me tell you, they know how to host and put on a feast! The food was all homemade by Mimi and it just kept coming! She baked and cooked all week preparing this meal for 32 people! YES, 32 people from Panama, Washington and us.
We wish The G' Unit could have been there too.
(We missed you so!)
Some of Mimi's goodies...
Party in full swing, guests everywhere & Aunt A makes more juice.
Papa G' chillaxin after the party.
 
Only a few more pics from our journey home, I promise! So much happened I hate to leave anything out. I haven't even written about Christmas with my family. AACK!

13 comments:

Susie said...

Look at those great pictures! You are blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a special Christmas! So glad you were able to make it, despite the initial setback. So fun to see Yaya with her cousins! Love all the matching girlie things!

Dawn said...

I love the matching clothes! I think it's great that you got to make the trip! Yaya looks so happy!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love seeing all the pictures...

Mummy McTavish said...

I love to see pictures! Thanks.

Stephanie said...

cute pictures!!!

Jess said...

Hey lady! Sorry I haven't been by in a while!

To do the strike thru its just html code you type. < s > before the word you want striked thru < / s > but take out the spaces and thats how you strike thru stuffs.

Me = total geek ;)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Love all the pictures -- Love them. I need to post some -- I had some problems with my computer. I got it fixed so I'm catching up. Looks like yall had a wonderful christmas. I only have one blog now the peek a boo mommy blog.

Hugs

Shannon said...

Whoa... I think that is the biggest gingerbread house I have ever seen!

BBB said...

What great pictures!!!! Aren't they just adorable!

And what a spread Mimi put out. WOW!!

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

Love the pictures and had fun reading your Friday post as well. So glad you had time with family and Yaya had some memories of her own to make. Loved the "little" snowman, the girls were precious!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE when kiddos are dressed in matching outfits! So cute!

The G' Unit said...

Awwww...this is so sweet! I miss seeing "M" and "K"...and they look so sweet with YaYa...Mimi sure does know how to put on a Par-tay...her meals are homemade and SUPER tasty...I have many a recipe stowed away!! And she is a MASTER seamstress...which reminds me I have to call her to talk about sewing some stuff for Soph!! I'm going to direct them to your blog...which I know they love as well!! Thank you for posting this...makes me all nostalgic...and a bit sad we weren't there...
Thank you Thank you!
Hugs,
T