A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh, I think I might be growing

I took this picture of Yaya last June maybe July.
These are from last week. Not only has she grown but so have the number of storage shelves and toys.
Oops, I bumped my head!
Peek A Boo Mommy!

In addition to sharing the above photos I once again come to you all for prayers.
First, Bird has been offered a job 2 miles from our house. His potential boss is crunching numbers today to see if he will be able to pay him his current salary or if it will mean a pay cut. THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT FIT if ONLY THE PAY WORKS OUT TOO! Please help us pray that all works out for this job. It would mean we wouldn't have to move. He could stay with the same company. Plus, he could come home for lunch and even walk or ride a bike to work.
Second, we learned today my grandfather is having eye surgery tomorrow. He's had his eye drained 4 times since last Thursday due to too much fluid causing painful pressure on it. He needs his to stay strong so he can continue to do all things I mentioned in This Post.
For other prayer requests please click on the links below. 6 By His Design
Day By Day In addition, her grandmother is in the hospital with pneumonia.
Blessings to you all today! Thank you!

14 comments:

Shannon said...

They grow so fast! Someone should really tell kids to stop doing that...


Prayers are being said for you! That would be so great for him to have a job close to home! Being close enough to walk to work and come home for lunch might just be worth a pay cut (if its not too much of one!)... oh, I hope this works out for you guys!!!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Look at how big she is getting!! What great memories.

I will be praying for you and your grandfather. I hope this job works out for your husband!!

Julie said...

she is so adorable!
And praying that your hubby gets that job WITH the right pay! Praying right now...

cat said...

Will do the praying girl! Gosh, I would love having my hubby closer to home!

Nancy said...

They do grow fast, don't they!
Keep us posted on the job situation. I'm praying.

Rebecca Jo said...

I love the way you can judge how a child grows... when I was little, I used to be able to walk under the bar in our kitchen... mom said then one day, I went to walk & banged my head on it... growth is fast in children!!!

And praying for that job - only 2 miles away???? OH - sounds perfect... Please Lord, let the pay work out!!

Susie said...

Lot's of people to keep in our thoughts! I will be thinking of everyone today.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Bettina said...

Praying!!!!


We know God is in control...

BBB said...

I was going to say too - figure in the cost of gas & food savings when you're looking at what you can take for pay!

Unknown said...

I am praying! Thank you for the comment & the links...you ROCK!

Rowena said...

She is sprouting like a weed! (in a good sense of course!) I remember when my son was still little...*sob sob*...somebody hand me a tissue!!!

MaricrisG said...

soo cute! She seem to have an affection with the shelf!

Screaming Meme said...

My goodness! She's a big girl! :) Hi, My name is Meme from Screaming Meme...I want to personally invite you to both of my blogs...SM and my new blog...Project: {Create A Home}...I created this blog to bring inspiring and creative women together to inspire, uplift, and share our ideas on creating a happier life...it is a mix of topics...decorating, organizing, cooking, gardening, relationships, spirituality, blogging...just to name a few......I hope to see you over there and at SM...(SM is a decorating blog)...Meme