A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wonderful Tonight!

This is cute. I got it from Dawn at Dawn's Place. By my answers, you'll see how varied my music tastes are!

1. Put your music on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the meme as well as the person you got the meme from.

IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
"Come Away with Me" ~Norah Jones

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
"Taking Chances" ~Celine Dion (I'm not a risk taker in the least!)

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"Wrinkles" ~Diamond Rio (I love this one! Who doesn't love smile lines?)

HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"His Eye Is on the Sparrow" ~Gaithers

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE??
"Wrapped Up in You" ~Garth Brookes (Too perfect! This is one of my songs to Yaya. We love singing it together in the car. She loves the "Ba bah babababababa" part.)

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"Per Te" ~Josh Groban


WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Amazing" ~George Michael.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"Something Beautiful" ~Robbie Williams

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"I believe" ~Diamond Rio

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Your Song" ~Garth Brooks

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"Quando Quando Quando" ~Michael Buble and Nelly Furtado

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"Proud to Be An American" ~Lee Greenwood

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Your Body is a Wonderland" ~John Mayer (Yum Yum!)

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"This Is Home" ~Switchfoot

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"Ti Scatter? una foto" ~Tiziano Ferro

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Jesus Take the Wheel" ~Carrie Underwood (AMEN to this one!)

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
"Crazy Love" ~Aaron Neville (Again too true! Yaya is my life and where my life began and ends.)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"I'll Be" ~Edwin McCain

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water" ~Michael W. Smith (again couldn't be more appropriate!)
WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
"No Regrets" ~Robbie Williams

HOW WILL YOU DIE?
"I'll Be Here" ~Michael W. Smith

WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
"Time to Say Goodbye" ~Andre Bocceli and Sarah Brightman (I cheated, the first one that came up could never be right. It was Proud to be an American.

WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
"Don't Know Why" ~Norah Jones

WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
"Where Were You" ~Alan Jackson (This is soooo true! Every time I hear this song and recall that day.)

WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
"Love of My Life" ~Jim Brickman and Michael W. Smith

WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
"You Are Loved" ~Josh Groban

DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
"The Prayer" ~Celine Dion

IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
"Blackbird" ~Sarah McLachlan (Not true! I wouldn't change anything about this part of my life! Well, maybe making it happen sooner. Remember this song is how I/we felt God told us Yaya was our little girl and that we had always been waiting for that moment to arise.)

WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
"Everything" ~Michael Buble

WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
"Wonderful Tonight" ~Eric Clapton

I'm tagging anyone who wants to play along! It was too fun so see what songs were shuffled to each question. Come on and try it!

17 comments:

Susie said...

That is a lot of fun!! I would play but, I don't have an I-Pod:-(

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Fun...if I can find my ipod (its an itty bitty shuffle that has shuffled off somewhere) I will have to join the fun...maybe...

Julie said...

I am so lame...I don't have anything to shuffle... I just listen to online streaming music...

Rebecca Jo said...

Those are pretty funny!!! I'm going to have to try that myself!

Bettina said...

THAT was funny!!! I got a nice little chuckle out of reading them. If I even knew were my MP3 was I might give it a go but right now it could be anywhere...packed or still waiting to be packed?? just not sure!

:)

Dawn said...

That is so funny! It's crazy how some of those answers come up randomly and are just perfect. Wrinkles was my favorite!

Renata said...

What fun! I don't actually have an ipod either, but had fun reading your answers!

Anonymous said...

very fun..some of those were making me cackle out loud!

Debra Kaye said...

I laughed out loud at your answers and that will have to be good enough for me. I gave my Ipod shuffle away when I got my Iphone.

Plus, I'm so behind on posts it's not even funny. I'm going to have something for you tomorrow ...

Happy Monday! ((hugs)) to you and Yaya!

cat said...

Cute game and some very fitting songs.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

This is fun --- it's interesting how true some of it turns out...

Oh, and as I was driving my own YaYas around today, I thought how nice it was chatting with you the other night like we lived next door. That's what blogging has done for me. It's given me the blessing of having you close by.

How awesome is that?
~k

Debra Kaye said...

I have something for you at my place! ((hugs)) to you!

Bug said...

Oh this looks fun! I need to put something up on my blog! I just have not been into it lately! Too much computer use at work. Seems to be the bulk of my day!

Anonymous said...

What is your life story? "Quando, Quando, Quando" Just made me laugh with all the lengthy life discussions we've had. That one seems perfect!
Love ya!

Kristen said...

That is hilarious!

Debra Kaye said...

Nichole,

Thank you so much for your prayer for Jay. It meant so much to me!

((hugs)) to you sweet sis!

Mozi Esme said...

What fun!