A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Welcome SITS!

First, I would like to thank my SITS (The Secret is in the Sauce Blog) family for stopping by to check out my little corner of the world. I am so excited to be their featured blogger for today. Welcome SITSTA's! I can't wait to get to know more of you! This week, I have one more thing to add to my list of things I'm thankful for. YEAH! I suddenly feel like I'm hanging with royalty here. Has anyone else felt this way on their special SITS day? If you have a little time to sit and get to know me here's my story in a nutshell. As you read just click on the red words that grab your attention for the original stories about us. My husband and I met 11 years ago in the middle of No Place. 2 years later, I made a promise to him that I would follow him anywhere. During our 9 years of marriage we've moved 8 times and have lived in Missouri, Wyoming, Nevada, Italy and California thanks to his career in the military. With all of those moves, I still think My Husband Rocks (story of him and his sweet family). We have quite a story to share about our Journey to Parenthood. It's a story that is sure to make you a believer in God. Since I began blogging I've shared a few of My quirks (I've been accused of being a bit anal), Fears (we all have them), and Mortifying Moments (Look out this one might make ya wet your pants). Above all, I am a Christian, a Wife and a Mom. I do the best I can on a daily basis. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail. I began this blog as a journal for my daughter. I never dreamed it would turn into a support system too. I have met many women through SITS who have touched my life in ways they'll never know. I am thankful for each and every one of you. Your own stories help me find inspiration, joy, comfort and sometimes even forgiveness. It helps to know I am not alone in my daily walk. Thank you again ladies for stopping by and taking time out of your busy schedules to learn a little about me and my family. I pray this holiday season brings you all the joy in the world.

107 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the FB today. I will be back to read more.

~T~ said...

Happy SITS day!

swilek said...

Welcome to Sitsta for the day! I will be back to read more,esp. of your adoption story. I'm sure I'll need a box of kleenex!! God bless and have a wonderful day! Happy Thanksgiving week to you! We celebrated Thanksgiving back in Octobe here in Canada!

The Blonde Duck said...

You sound like a charming lady! I'll be back! I'm so glad SITS highlighted you!

Allison said...

Happy SITS Day! I look forward to reading more. Hope you'll stop by my little "Slice of Heaven" too.

Unknown said...

congrats on being FB! what an amazing story you have to share! i was very touched reading your posts... i'll be back again to say hi :).

RebeccaMom said...

Hi, Happy SITS day! I enjoyed your blog and will return to read more. I finally found another person with that nose that I have LOL- I can smell anything! My husband is amazed when I can smell what he had for lunch just by hugging him. Thanks for making me have a good laugh :)

silverdot said...

congrats on being the featured blog. Your blog is just beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

~Trish~ said...

It's about time they picked you :) Enjoy your day!!!!

paedstar said...

Hey, Fellow Sitsas here.
I really have enjoyed reading your blog. I also have struggled with IF. I was blessed enough to conceive my 14 month old through IVF with ICSI after three years of failed treatments, miscarriages, etc. I really believe it has made me a stronger person and made me appreciate what I have now so much more. I am going to read more on your blog now, including your adoption stories. Thanks for sharing!!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

Congrats on your SITS feature!! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

YIPEE - I love when fellow bloggie buddies are the SITS featured blogs....

Well deserved!

Denyse said...

Congrats on your SITS feature! Loved part 4 of The Journey to Parenthood. Isn't God amazing! Blessings to you and your precious family.

Junita said...

Happy SITS day! I can already tell your writing is heartfelt - I will be back for more.

Suzann said...

Congratulations on being the featured SITS blogger today. Reading your post for the day brought a smile to my heart. I get the feeling you are someone I need to read more often. Enjoy your day in the limelight.

Susie said...

YEAH!!!!! Congratulations on your SITs feature!!!! Have a great day with all your comment love!! You deserve it:-)

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Congrats on SITS!

:)

Holly

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!!!

Aunt Julie said...

Congrats, you SITS Featured Blogger, you! Gotta Great Giveaway Goin' On at my place...stop by if you get the chance!

Green said...

Congrats Sitsta! Looking forward to reading your blog today!

Luciana Silva said...

Hi, I'm also visiting from SITS. I read all Jorney to Parenthood. It is so touched. I'm also thinking about adoption. I understand when you talk about God!!! I'll come back! Take care all of you ! :)

Kristen said...

Happy SITS day! I'm so excited to start reading.

Shannon said...

Yay! I'm thrilled you are the FB for the day... hope you get lots and lots of comment love! You so deserve it!!!

Now I'm off to see what posts you chose for your day in the spotlight :)

Kristin said...

Over from SITS. Love the blog.

Carole said...

Happy SITS Day, great blog BTW!

Ginny said...

Happy SITS day

feather k said...

congrats on your day!!!

BBB said...

Oh I SO love it when the SITS girl is one of my FRIENDS!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful commenty day and that you just revel in all the love!!!!

Lorie said...

Happy SITS day! Off to read your great posts!

Have a great Monday!

Betty said...

I´m glad I already have you on my Reader and hope you enjoy you day in the spotlight!
I thought I had moved a lot, but you beat me!

jennifersusan said...

Happy SITS Day!! You've got such a sweet blog!!! I could be reading all day here! :)

black betty said...

congrats on your SITS day!! xoxo

Kori said...

Congrats on your SOTS day!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you featured day!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Here from SITS and what a beautiful family! I thank you and your husband for your sacrifice to keep us safe.

FROGGITY! said...

looking forward to reading more! congrats on your SITS day!!! :)

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

You are the blog o' the day! Congrats!

I have yet to read through your blog completely, but I'm book marking it! Enjoy your day! : )

(I'm sorry if this shows up twice...blogger is being difficult)

Anonymous said...

Happy SITS day!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Well look at you on SITS! Congrats on your big day! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your SITS day! :)

Honey Mommy said...

Happy SITS day! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

congrats to you...and happy SITS day! love what i see so far, so i'm poking around more!!!

Mammatalk said...

Enjoy your day! Hip Hip Hooray!

Mindy said...

Oh congrats on your SITS day! How fun!! I'm off to read some of your past posts =) Thanks for having us today!!

Toots said...

Congrats on your SITS day!!

april said...

Found you through SITS - congrats on your Featured Blog!

Julie said...

Congrats on your special day! I'll be checking out more of your blog :)

Vickie said...

Congrats on SITS Day!! Your chosen posts made me teary eyed, but in a good way.

What a wonderful blog to be chosen. Not to be sappy, but this blog inspires me to be a better mother. I think I am okay, but there is always room for improvement. Thanks for sharing.

I'll be back to read more.

Unknown said...

Happy SITS Day! You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to read more!

Gaspegirl said...

Congratulations on being the featured blog today! I can't wait to read a little more...

Make it a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a loverly blog! Happy SITS day and congrats on being such a good mom and wife!

C♥ said...

congrats on your sits day!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

~*~ Happy SITS day! *~*

Sera said...

Happy SITS day! I've gotta come back later to check out more of your posts. Enjoy your special day!

~pen~ said...

Congrats on SITS! I'll be back to read more...

LeLe said...

Congrats on your FB! Keep up the good work!

Anti-Supermom said...

Yeah for being SITS girl! This is such a fun way to meet new bloggers. I was a surrogate, so I have a ton of compassion for your story.

April said...

congrats on the feature! off to read up on your bloggity blog :-)

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

Congrats!!!
I can see why you were nominated!!
Such a cute blog (sweet layout too) lovely family & sharing your storie for others...
Im not a military wife, but it sure seems so wonderful this bloggin thing for all of you to be able to connect and have support from all your moves all around the world!!
It wonderful for us to be able to hear about all the adventures & great places!
Thanks for sharing!
Joelle XO

Katie said...

Thank YOU for letting us into YOUR world! What a blessing! Have an awesome SITS day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your SITS day!! Your blog is so sweet!

April said...

Congrats on being featured!

TisforTonya said...

what fun - glad to get a chance to visit (via SITS) and see a piece of your life! Congrats!!!

I love your positive outlook!!

Laura said...

What a beautiful opener! I can't wait to read your blog! Thanks for sharing.

Rhea said...

I had a great visit today! Your YaYa is adorable.

Enjoy the SITS love today.

Mandy said...

congrats, SITSta! You are one wonderful woman! Cheers, Mandy

Frizzy said...

I want to sit and read everyone's comments right now. However, my mommy duties are calling and I have much to do to prepare for my guests on Thursday. Please be patient with me. I PROMISE to respond to everyone's comments when time allows. Thank you so much for coming by and introducing yourselves. To my daily readers, thanks to you for your sweet comments on the SITS roll call and here. I LOVE YA!!!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

congrats on being sausy!!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Happy SITS Day! It is cool:)

AngiDe said...

Hey, congrat's on your SITS day!

Angie
"Nana's Box"

Come by and check out my giveaway!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Congrats on being on SITS today. Your blog is great!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on being featured!! And thank you for your involvement with Sits!

Dawn said...

I've seen the SITS button on people's blogs but I've never been there. I really should check it out! It looks like a great group of bloggers!

I've really enjoyed getting to know you over the passed month or so. You truly seem like wonderful woman of God.

Anonymous said...

You have such an amazing story and I have loved reading!!! Congrats on your SITS day! I'll be back!!

Valerie said...

Hey congratulations on your SITS day. I'll be back to read more. I hope you and your family has a great Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the featured blogger for the day! I love your blog and will be back for more heartfelt stories!

Dawn said...

Great post! I loved reading your story!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats on your SITS day!

v said...

Wow 82 comments. I guess u can take another one. I don't wanna miss congratulating u on the FB. Congrats!

Shala said...

This is my first time reading your blog and I can't wait to get to know you and your family more. I'm off to read about your parenthood journey. Happy SITS day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your SITS day :) beautiful blog and family :) off to read more, hope you'll visit us sometimes :)

The Happy Mom said...

Happy SITS Day to you! I can't wait to read you blog!

Audrey (the Hepburn House) said...

Congrats on being featured! I going to check out your story below about giving back to the troops!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Happy SITS day!!!

Marrdy said...

What a great introduction! Congrats on your SITS day!!

Unknown said...

So sweet, but now you've given me sooooo much to link to and read...sigh, I suppose work will just have to suffer;)

Anonymous said...

Great blog. You have a great outlook on life. Yeah for being an FB!

Cracker Scraps said...

Just getting started with reading your featured posts and your highlighted posts. Happy Featured Blogger on SITS day! We have a lot in common in our music appetites! I should might just minimize your blog and listen to the music while I'm doing the rest of my work! Well, off to read..."the rest of the story"!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Wow! If you think your husband still rocks after 9 years, you, my dear, have something special indeed. Is there something in the water where you live, or is your husband really all that? ;)

Congrats on being a featured blogger in SITS today.

momma said...

what a wonderful story. glad you were featured so i could read about you. can't wait to have time to read more.

happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being the SITSER of the day. I, too, love the friendship that blogging has brought me.

Debie Napoleon said...

WTG on your SITs day! Enjoy all your comments and company.

Anonymous said...

isn't it amazing how God brings people together?!!!
Who would have thought He'd use something as simple as the Blog to to it?!
He's amazing!
Happy Day!

Nicki said...

Congrats on your SITS day!! I can't wait for mine to come! May God continue to greatly bless your family!! My family has also been blessed by adoption!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hello SITSTA; congratulations on your big day!
Nice to visit you and meet another sister... It's a very nice blog you have.

Nichole said...

Congrats on being the featured blog today! It's got to be fun getting so many comments!!

I "joined" SITS awhile ago, didn't really understand it, then took the button off my blog and the site of my Google Reader. Maybe I'll have to look into it again and try to figure it out.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

everyday mom of one said...

Congratulations on your SITS day, it must be great to have all these people visit.

I am having a great giveaway $100 for magnetstreet, you can get yourself some personalised goodies.

Nicki said...

thanks for replying back so fast!! you are wonderful and truly saucy for trying to respond to all your SITStas! :)

My husband's two little sisters were both adopted, and I did an internship at a christian adoption agency during one summer in college.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your SITS day! You had a great post. I'm coming back to check out some of those posts myself!

Pseudo said...

Happy SITS day! I think your wlecome post with links is a great idea.

Amarie said...

Happy SITS day!

Pamela said...

Nice blog. It takes a special couple to do the military move all over the place thing. Good for you 3. It is not easy.

angie said...

Congrats on your SITS day!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being the featured blogger. Can't wait to read more.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm a day late...better late than never. Congratulations on your SITS DAY. That's exciting!