A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, October 24, 2008

No Fishing!

Yaya's First Halloween.
Pappy bought this for her from the Disney store last year. As soon as we tried it on her we knew there was no leaving the store w/o it. She wore it everywhere and every one wanted to pick her up and squeeze her. Adding to the cuteness factor was her new walk waddle. I think she's going to be Nemo again this year. We'll see how long she'll leave the top fin on.
Slip me some fin...
Head over to Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta and join the fun.
Also, if you want to be moved today, please check out my girlfriend Karin's post.
I needed it and am so thankful she shared.

23 comments:

Bettina said...

Soooooo adorable!!!!

Thanks for all your prayers, no new news at this time...

sassy stephanie said...

No. Seriously. That is just about the cutest costume I have ever seen. I can just picture that lil tail swishing around!

Susie said...

That's the cutest fish I have ever seen:-)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

To cute! I have never seen a costume like that!

Much Love
Anissa

Just Lisa said...

Super sweet! Lucky fin!

Nichole said...

Oh my....soo adorable!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :o)

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

This is SO adorable!!!

Jess said...

oh my goodness! That is the cutest thing ever, seriously. The back pic killed me dead. So cute.

Debra Kaye said...

Undeniably precious! You must squeeze her a thousand times a day! Blessings to you!

Renata said...

What a great costume - & she looks just the cutest!

jewelstreet said...

She is so precious!

Shannon said...

That is so cute! I can just see her "waddle" hee hee hee!

Tracey said...

HOW ADORABLE IS THAT! I LOVE LITTLE KIDS COSTUMES THESE DAY.....NO NEED FOR AN EXTRA BULKY COAT TO KEEP THEM WARM LIKE I HAD TO WEAR IN NH! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow what an absolutely adorable costume ! My daughter is going as Shrek but so far she's shown no interest in her costume so we'll see...

Betty said...

Too cute!! I wish my kids could have trick or treated...

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! Disney store has the best costumes! dane went as ROLY POLY OLY one years LOVED that outfit!

Julie said...

so cute!

Dawn said...

That costume is so cute!!! I haven't seen one like it before!

Melissa B. said...

Greetings from Virginia, which, of course, is for Lovers, Politics & History! Thanks so much for dropping in for my BATW Day in the Sun...Love your blog & REALLY love this particular post! Please drop by to see me again sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

YaYa is too darn cute! Now I wanna be Nemo! (Yesterday it was all about being Spongebob Squarepants)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

*mwah*
cutie cute!
glad you enjoyed RobBell. I have another one coming up soon --- have to remember her name...

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That is so cute! I want to squeeze her too. Hope she keeps the top fin on.

Anonymous said...

awwww she is such a cute nemo fish!
this just makes me pine for Grandchildren. :)