A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Marshmallows by the Fire

Sunday night, my parents invited us to come roast marshmallows by their fire pit. It was a perfect night for it. Cool enough to want to be close to the fire but not necessarily cool enough to need a jacket. (My dad and Bird wear shorts no matter how cold it is outside.) Yaya had so much fun helping Pappy get the fire ready and handing him sticks for the fire.
 
Here she is weaving her spell on him. You know, the spell with the sweet little voice and the big puppy dog eyes. It could melt the coldest of hearts. Thankfully, Pappy's a push-over. Delphi tried the look for one of Pappy's marshmallows too.

Jackpot!
The fire was so much fun, I forgot to take pics of us all roasting the marshmallows.

15 comments:

Betty said...

How sweet! I can actually see how she´s "melting Pappy´s heart"! :)

Thanks for your kind comment today on my blog.

Susie said...

What a great night!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a great night..
Fun fun photos..

Nichole said...

Gotta love roasted marshmallows! Cute pics :o)

Nancy said...

Now...that looked like fun!!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I love roasted marshmallows! Your little girl is just two cute.

Much Love
Anissa

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I love a good fire pit night! Hubby says NO to an All Hallowed Eve's one this year - after last year he nearly lit the neighborhood on fire.

*sigh*

pyro.

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

Ari Forrester said...

Oh wow! Fun!! Last year for christmas we made s'mores, too. I swear those were the best s'mores I've ever had over Christmas!! :)

Julie said...

yum, yum, yum, Ya Ya made out!

Anonymous said...

Roasting marshmallows! That is one thing that I gotta do (s'mores) before returning to the boot. Delphi is too cute (mimicking YaYa like that). What kind of dog is he/she?

Debra Kaye said...

Such great pics of a great family time. ((hugs)) & blessings to your sweet family! :)

Tracey said...

Yum! Yum! Gorgeous! I need to get myself one of those little fire pits...I love it!

Renata said...

That looks like great fun! Our days of bonfires are over with a total fireban now in place til late autumn next year!

Shannon said...

Mmmmm... s'mores :)

Or I should say:


Mmmmm... chocolate!