A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fairy Princess Fair

A few weekends ago I learned to use the "Calendar tool button" on my yahoo account and I am so glad I did. I saved a special event for Yaya so I wouldn't be able to forget it. Which I did! That was until I received the reminder in my Inbox. I was thrilled to be reminded of the First Annual Fairy Princess Fair in a town near by. I hadn't planned a costume or anything as I wasn't sure what to expect. Off we went and I'm so glad we did. There were goblin fairies, butterfly fairies even mommy and grandma fairies.
 
The fairies played in their fairy house and had tea parties on toad stools.
They had fairy dance lessons.
They had Fairy Wine (Apple juice with spritzer.)
Look closely at the straw.

The end result?
ONE HAPPY FAIRY PRINCESS!
 
The proceeds went to the Make A Wish Foundation.
Resulting in even more Happy Fairy Princes and Princesses.

18 comments:

Nichole said...

What a neat event! It would be nice to live in a bigger city to have more opportunities such as this once we have kids.

Thanks for you thoughts earlier on my post. I was having a hard time with that, but I felt a little better once I read your post.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a fun evening and a great idea for a very worthwhile fundraiser! She looks like she is in fairyland!

Dawn said...

How cute is that!!! And for a good cause!

Mc Allen said...

awwwww, soo sweet!! Mt LilP is 7 and just about to be out of the dress upstage, waaaaaaaaaaaa!! She makes such a great princess, and thank goodness you took such great pics, she will cherish these!! Hugs, L A

Debra Kaye said...

What a beautiful fairy princess! Blessings to you both!

Bettina said...

I want to be a fairy!!! She looks like she had a great time!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

She looks to cute and that smile I could just squeeze her. I know she had a wonderful time.

Much Love
Anissa

Shannon said...

How cute! Yaya makes a very adorable fairy princess!

When Drama Princess was 3, we took her to a "medieval carnival"... I think I actually won the tickets to it. It was a benefit for a local children's center here... they had a big dinner (where the guest of honor was the actress who did the voice of Sleeping Beauty in the Disney movie!), but our tickets were just for the carnival part. There were games and activities for the kids... lots of little girls in their princess gowns. And there were "meet & greet"s with Belle, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty... I;ve got to find the pics from that night!

Susie said...

What a neat event!! That looks like so much fun:-)

cat said...

Such a nice idea for a fund raiser.

junglemama said...

What a neat event. Looks like you guys had fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

I want to go to a Fairy Party!!!! That looks like so much fun!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

It DOES look like fun - and a great group --- the morning of Ike, our MAW offices were badly damaged with flooding... :(

Hugs,
~k

Just Lisa said...

Oh, MAN! That's so cute, I'm sorry I missed it!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

That's adorable!

Breanne said...

How fun!!! She looks soo cute!

Anonymous said...

Fairy, fairy quite contrary....oops...no that was Mary, Mary! (I believe I need a cup of java). I love the calender tool button for Yahoo. It keeps me in the loop on what's going on for the day, especially if there are any sagre or feste that I may have marked in several months before.

About the gecko, had to laugh when I read the part where you wrote if you had poured a cup and chug a lugged it. Now THAT would have made a fantastic post! ;-)

Kelly said...

How cool is that? What a neat idea for a fabulous charity!