A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hofbrauhaus Octoberfest 08

My last night in Vegas, I had to partake in one of my favorite fall festivities at the Hofbrauhaus. It is designed after the original one in Munich, Germany. We never made it to Germany's, Octoberfest so living in Vegas gave a second chance to do so. I'm sure you know I couldn't miss out on the annual tapping of the keg while in Vegas. (I'm not even a drinker. It's about the fun music, dancing and singing for me.) Linda was happy to join me in my quest for a fun evening. The band sang many traditional German-Bavarian songs from Eidelwiess to The Chicken Dance.
See the beer below? It's actually a 1/3 of a pint
which is the smallest mug available. Yum!
The ceiling and walls are all hand painted
to resemble the original Hofbrauhaus in Germany.
I ordered the Allgäuer Käsespätzle From the Bavarian Dairy Country!
A very special German Noodle with Swiss Cheese, crisp Onions and Hofbräuhaus Side Salad.
Linda ordered the Jägerschnitzel -Pork Cutlet "Hunter Style"
topped with creamy Mushroom Sauce, Bacon, Onions
served with Spätzle, a special German Noodle and Cranberries.
Unfortunately, the pictures didn't turn out too well.
Plus, I forgot to snap a picture of the food before we began devouring it.
We finished the evening with a Apfelstrudel -
The most famous Dessert you must try!
Traditional homemade Bavarian Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I'll be coming around to catch up on everyone's blogs.
Can't wait to see what ya'll have been up to.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I say J E A L O U S?! I have been to the Hofbrauhaus & Oktoberfest... & it looks pretty close..although i don't see any naked people dancing on the tables... Looks like you had a great time... & that FOOD: YUM!

Susie said...

That looks like great fun!! Milwaukee has a HUGE German history so, I am familiar with all of these festivities. I had no idea they had one in Vegas! Awesome!!!

Dawn said...

That looks like so much fun!

Sissy said...

Oh my gosh. I am dieting and this makes me so hungry and I have already had my dinner tonight. Agghhhh!

Nichole said...

That dessert looks so yummy! Looks like a good time :o)

Shannon said...

Glad you're back!

Looks like it was a fun night... mmmm, beer!


And what does it say that I've commented about the beer and not the food! HA!

Rowena said...

Nichole I'm just hanging out here to see if I will ever show up (on the stats). Hmmm...Octoberfest...how I wish I could attend the one in Munich! One day, one day I keep telling myself...

Renata said...

That looks like such fun! And the food Yummmmmmm....