A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

First, I would like to begin by apologizing to everyone that I haven't been by to comment as I usually do. It's not that I have lost interest. TRUST ME I HAVEN'T! I have been running around like a chicken with my head off spending time with Yaya and getting things ready before my trip tomorrow. I'm headed to Vegas for a Social Work conference. Can't wait! I'll get to see all my old co-workers, friends, house, stomping grounds you name it. I am also doing this solo. No YAYA and NO BIRD! 5 days without them will seem like I've lost part of my body if not all of it but I must get my CEUs. I also won't have computer access (which means I will have also completely lost my mind as I'm gonna have severe withdrawals and catching up to do.) I may check in from time to time while staying at my girlfriend's but doubt I'll be able to spend much time on the computer. Gotta catch up as I miss my friend so much. She's been adopted into our family and is Yaya's Nana Linda after all. Second, Thank you for your prayers re. our home search and bid. We did not get the house at this time. We'll see if he is able to sell it for the insane price he's asking. Again, I think he's having a hard time letting go due to the loss of his wife in the home so please continue to keep him in your prayers. Horrible times I imagine for him! In the mean time, we have decided to stay put in our rental for now. God just seems to be saying stay put and we're happy with that. Third, I've started a women's bible study and I can't tell you how much I needed it. I have so much I want to share with y'all but there just isn't the time tonight to put it all into the words I want. I know you all will enjoy reading some of it too. Trust me, I feel better as a mom and person already. Fourth, for those of you who have nominated me for an award or asked me to pass on a get to know you kind of thing, I will get to them soon I promise. I appreciate them so much and will be passing on the love when I return. Fifth but oh so very important, please go check out my friend's blog at 6 by His Design. She has written a letter to Al Gore about something scary she learned about CFL lightbulbs that we all should know to protect our families. Sixth, Please don't forget me while I'm gone! I promise to return and I'll be sharing oodles of comment love at that time. Have a wonderful week and weekend.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!!! Frizzy

22 comments:

Julie said...

wow, I could almost hear you "saying" all that in a panic rush to get a blog in before your trip... ha ha. Enjoy, have fun!!

Susie said...

Ahhh...I am going to miss you while you are gone:-( Have a great trip (I love Vegas!!). And we will see you when you get back:-)

Debra Kaye said...

I will be praying for your traveling mercies and for Bird and YaYa while you are away.

Blessings to you today!!

Dawn said...

I didn't realize you are a social worker. I'm assuming you are since you're going to the social work conference? I am a social worker myself. I'm sorry you didn't get the house. The right one for you is waiting out there, don't worry! Have a great trip!

Jess said...

We went last year and had a great time. We aren't really gamblers, so we ate and drink A LOT.

Hope your work conf goes well! Be safe, you can get into a lotta trouble out there ;) if you do, come back and tell us all the fun details hehehe.

BBB said...

SOmehow or another "social work" and "vegas" seem like oxymorons... :)

I hope you have a great time, get to relax a bit, but yet I hope the 5 days go quickly and get you home to YaYa & Bird

Terri said...

Sorry you didn't get the house. Maybe next time!!

Have a great time in Las Vegas!

~Trish~ said...

Love Vegas! I am jealous!!

Lauren W said...

I hope you have a great time in Vegas! Be safe :)

Shannon said...

Whew!

Sorry to hear the house didn't work out... but like you said, God has a plan and He will get you into the right house.

Have a safe trip to Vegas... we will be here when you get back... and how could we forget ya? We'll miss you and your sweet posts and comments :)

Don't worry about Bird & Yaya... they will miss you terribly as I know you will miss them, but you will be back before you know it!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I'll have your design when you get back! I'll e-mail you when I'm finished. Have fun! Much Love

Nichole said...

Hope you have a great (and safe) trip!

Breanne said...

Sorry about the house! Have lots of fun in Vegas.

Bug said...

Ah...I miss you anyway..I sure wish this trip would have been to the Chicago area! But oh well. I understand those CEU's and such! Have a fantastic time and I hope that house is still in good shape!

I love ya my friend!

Just Lisa said...

Oh, Vegas Baby! I am so jealous! Have fun!

cat said...

Enjoy! Hope you have a lot of fun. And stay patient re. the house.

Renata said...

Have a great time! There's no way we could forget about you - love your blog too much!
Hope Bird & Yaya have some lovely bonding time - bet they're eager for you to return!
Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

I just caught this now. I hope you had a wonderful trip !

Mummy McTavish said...

Hi, been meaning to pop by and say thanks for the comments you left ages ago! Trust me to come by while you're away. Praying for your house hunting, I still get shivers when I remember buying ours 5 years ago. 7 solicitors involved, this business is not for the feint hearted, praying you get the right house and the right time for the right price!

FarmGirl said...

Hope you have a fantabulous trip!! Thinking of you all!!

Anonymous said...

you are missed!

Jess said...

YAY Vegas!

Have fun :D But not too much hehe.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

Travel safe and have a great time! We'll all be here when you get back!