Happy 4th of July!
YaYa enjoyed the festivities at nanna and pappy's block party. She participated in the parade, won a prize for best participant, played chuck the rubber chicken, played with water balloons left over from the contests, ate til her tummy was about to burst & partied til the fireworks ended. She ended the night with clapping and shouting, "YEAH!!! Bye Bye Fireworks! See you soon!"
It was a bitter sweet celebration for us this year as it's our 1st 4th of July since Bird was honorably discharged from the Air Force. Seems very strange not to be watching the fireworks with our fellow military friends and family. However, we are also reminded how blessed we are that he is home and safe from harm's way.
What a fortunate nation we are. So many have fought and continue to fight for our country and it's independence. Many more have died for it. Across the US we honored our country's heroes with a celebration for them and for our great nation.
Happy Birthday America!!!
3 comments:
I am so glad that you had a great 4th of July! I am so glad that you were all together to celebrate the holiday and that Scott is home and safe! I know that it is bittersweet! I am proud and thankful for the 11 years of service that Scott and you gave to our great nation!
Love ya!
Yea, you are right, once a military wife, always one. Even I know I will feel this way!
Concerning the military: He did a fantastic job. You did a fantastic job. That can never be argued. I am so happy that you all got to be together, to celebrate. You can never get those moments back and it is actually quite grand that Scott gets to inexperience them right along with you and Nevaeh!
I found this after forgetting last week to come and look for it (sorry) and thank you for posting it! It brought tears to my eyes, only those who have lived the life of the military spouse can understand and appreciate what a job it can be and also the sacrifices our spouses make for this wonderful country!
Post a Comment