Tomorrow, we begin a new chapter in our country when we inaugurate our 46th President, Joe Biden. I pray with all my heart he brings dignity, honor, justice, equality and peace to the Oval Office and to our nation. We desperately need someone to unite us. I think he truly wants to do that.
Yet, I feel trepidation resulting from the recent attacks on our nation's capital. I fear what the outgoing president will do or encourage be done in the days and weeks to come. I fear what he may have already put in motion with his conspiracy theories and hate filled speeches. Time and time again my youngest daughter has seen his belittling behaviors and felt his hurtful words. She continually says he needs to be sent back to preschool to learn how to be nice because he didn't learn that message the first time around. Imagine what a difference he would've made if he'd learned the "Golden Rule" of doing unto others as you would have done to you, all those years ago.
Yesterday, our nation celebrated the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. In honor of him, many people chose to do an act of kindness or service for someone else. Our church's high school group hosted a prayer walk.
In recent months, our family has had the privilege of finding a few Freedom Rocks. They are scattered across 50 states and honor the lives of those who have served and sacrificed for our country. As I prepare my heart for the unknown of tomorrow, I choose to remember those who have gone before us. I thank them for their service and bravery. Above all I pray tomorrow will be the dawning of a new day for us all. One we can all be proud of for years to come.




1 comment:
I'm fearful... & hope some time helps heal what the outgoing President is leaving behind. I'm still amazed at it all... & am looking to the future.
Post a Comment