Beginnings
I recently read a quote by Pema Chödrön which really resonated with me. "Meditation practice is not about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It's about befriending who we already are." I spent much of 2015 "meditating, pondering, searching to figure out what I want to be when I (my kids) grow up and I still haven't found that answer. In 2016, I am moving forward with Pema's quote in mind. I want to befriend to myself. I want to give myself the same grace I give to those around me. In 2016, I want to find out who I really am and be happy in my own skin. The best gift I can give to myself and my girls is the gift of knowing, liking, caring for myself and showing them how to do the same.
That said, 2016 hasn't begun quite as I'd imagined. Little Bird has been sick since just before Christmas with one thing or another and the hits just kept coming. I took her to see her Dr. or spoke with her every day last week. She was miserable! Each day it felt like we were starting from square one with eyes filled with tears. As the day progressed, I'd begin to think we were making progress but by the end of the day she cried out in pain in her sleep and I felt like a complete failure. Final full diagnoses? Bilateral ear infection, pneumonia, Pink eye, concerns of constipation in a child who was too sick to eat anything but chicken noodle soup AND a last minute allergic reaction all over her face from the medications they prescribed! Poor Kiddo! I felt like the worst mommy ever!
(So much for befriending myself!)
We are now on day 3 of antibiotics and we are eternally thankful she's finally on the mend!
Praise God!
Today is Sunday. It's the beginning of a new week and a new chance at beginnings. I can't wait to see what this week has in store for all of us.
That said, 2016 hasn't begun quite as I'd imagined. Little Bird has been sick since just before Christmas with one thing or another and the hits just kept coming. I took her to see her Dr. or spoke with her every day last week. She was miserable! Each day it felt like we were starting from square one with eyes filled with tears. As the day progressed, I'd begin to think we were making progress but by the end of the day she cried out in pain in her sleep and I felt like a complete failure. Final full diagnoses? Bilateral ear infection, pneumonia, Pink eye, concerns of constipation in a child who was too sick to eat anything but chicken noodle soup AND a last minute allergic reaction all over her face from the medications they prescribed! Poor Kiddo! I felt like the worst mommy ever!
(So much for befriending myself!)
We are now on day 3 of antibiotics and we are eternally thankful she's finally on the mend!
Praise God!
Today is Sunday. It's the beginning of a new week and a new chance at beginnings. I can't wait to see what this week has in store for all of us.
4 comments:
So glad she's feeling better!
My goodness... what a diagnosis. Poor baby. Hopefully those antibiotics will have her on the mend & up & moving soon enough :)
Oh it is great to see you blogging regularly again! I hope she is way way better soon
Being a mom isn't an easy job, and I feel your pain. Thank you for stopping by - it's good to know that you've taken up blogging again!
Rowena (of Rubber Slippers In Italy)
Post a Comment