A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Jackpot!


           
           I'll admit, I was one of the people who took a chance at winning the big, Power Ball.  Before yesterday, I'd never purchased a lottery ticket but I went ahead and took a chance.  I couldn't resist. In fact, I purchased 5 chances at the mini mart down the street.  After all, five tickets have to be luckier than one, RIGHT?!  

           I imagined what I'd do with the money and quickly realized it might be easier to decide what I wouldn't do with it.  Sky's the limit at a BILLION DOLLARS.   I don't know why but my wish list/imagination initially went as far as using it to pay off our home and car payment and our immediate family's debts too.  Is that sad?

            I went home set the table, made dinner and helped Yaya with her homework.  I forgot all about my lucky ticket(s) until I turned on the 10 o'clock news.  How could I have forgotten and missed the reading of the numbers?!  I went to my purse to get my phone and my ticket.  As I pulled the little paper from my purse it felt so unimportant. It's hard to believe a little piece of paper resembling a receipt would soon be changing someones life so drastically.  When I bought the tickets I hadn't chosen any special numbers. I'd let the machine do all the work.  As I looked up the winning numbers on line I found myself  wondering again what I'd do with the money. Would we travel the world?  Would we donate to one of our adoption agencies or one of the local foster homes?  Maybe donate some of the money to our church, school or a local homeless shelter?  
           
            Today, someone is making these decisions but it's not me.  Whomever you are, Congratulations! I'm happy for you.  No, I'm ecstatic for you!  I hope this money brings you and those you hold dear much happiness.  I also hope you choose to use a portion of your winnings to better our world.  

            How about you?  Did you take a chance?  What would you have done if you had won?  

          


1 comment:

The Lovely One said...

I wouldn't even know what to do with that much money! The Agent bought a ticket or two, but I wasn't interested, and I don't even think he checked the numbers! We know we didn't win BIG money, but maybe we're $5 richer!