I want to begin by thanking you all for your input regarding what to do with my blog. I agree with all your thoughts and sentiments and I decided to keep this blog going.
This morning, as I cleaned out my closet I came across this tiny yellow outfit. It's the one Bird gave me 11 years ago. You may remember me mentioning it in our first adoption story. This yellow outfit was given to me as a Christmas gift and was Bird's way of telling me he was ready to start our family and have a baby. Who would have thought it would take 11 years to fill that tiny newborn outfit? Yaya was wearing 18-24 month sized clothes when we brought her home. Sadly, this meant there was no chance she could fit in it. Lily is wearing 3 month sized clothes so I thought I would take a chance and try it on her.
The moment I snapped the last snap on her top I began crying. Sobbing would be a better description. I can't tell you how many times I've cried such happy tears in the last month. Too many to count. That's a wonderful thing to be able to say. This morning I honestly feel we've come full circle. The dream we had so many years ago has finally come to fruition. Our family is complete.
I'm thrilled to share the rest of our family's journey with you here at Heaven's Gift.

9 comments:
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! You look soooooo happy:-)
Yippee... you're staying!!! :)
Love that little yellow outfit and especially the hat :)
Oh I'm crying reading this. Your girls are so beautiful!
Love to you
Renata:)
Yay! I think it's the right decision! They are both Heaven's Gift, my sweet. Every true and perfect gift is from above <3! And the story continues...
Oh man... your girls are both totally beautiful. What awesome blessings from God. I am thrilled for you.
God is so good! So happy for all of you!
Oh I am so happy you have decided that and truly, found myself crying this morning, once again. So much joy and love.
What a beautiful story! I can't wait to meet Lily next month. In all of her pictures, she seems to be so alert and a wise soul.
Post a Comment