A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Time keeps on ticking

I want to begin by sincerely thanking all of you for your prayers and support for Yaya and our family.  She is doing well and is resilient in light of the news we shared with her a few weeks ago.  Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you for your prayers.
As for life, it continues to tick by quickly these days.  I honestly don't know where March and April have gone.  We enjoyed some time away during spring break.  My mom joined us for a road trip to meet Bird's sister and her family at Disneyland for 4 days and we had a blast.  It was all a complete surprise for Yaya.  We didn't want to tell her we were going to Disney in case we were matched with a baby at the last minute so we told her we were just going to the beach.  When she finally realized where we were the expression on her face was priceless.

Our visit to Disney this year was much different than last year.  Yaya was fearful of the rides even the ones she loved last year.  The thing that really got to her though were the villain's voices and laughter.  She's 5 so we know it's normal to be more fearful of things once in awhile.  We were shocked but we had fun anyway and enjoyed all the other activities the park had to offer.  Besides, Yaya was in hog heaven just being with her cousins.  She could have cared less about the rides and such.

Priceless memories were made between these three.  I love the relationship they share and Yaya absolutely longs for them when they're apart.  We're already busy planning our trip to meet up with them again in July. 

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Glad to hear she's doing well...

A trip to Disneyland always makes things better :) A surprise makes it EVEN BETTER!!!

Love you captured her reaction!

cat said...

This looks absolutely fantastic. And family is so important

Bettina said...

Ahhh, glad to hear the update!

And funny, I just blogged about the passing of time too!

Renata said...

Lovely to see your photos! Looks like you had a wonderful trip! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Yaya is so blessed to have you though.
Blessings
Renata:)