A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Moments

It's that time again and I am happy to be participating in Suzanne's, Monday Moments again.  We had a wonderful weekend hanging out, no crazy agendas, things to do or racing around.  We just relaxed and enjoyed spending time together. 

Friday, my dad had an extra day off of work so I picked up Yaya from school, grabbed some lunch and off we went to share it with Pappy AND Nana.  What a treat!  Afterwards, we went outside so Yaya could spend some time on her bike.  We're still working on getting her training wheels off.  I'm hoping the bait I dangled will move the process along a little faster.  Her hope is to have a bicycle birthday party this year.  I told her we would only do this birthday theme if she learned how to ride on two wheels.  She already making plans and wants all the kids to bring their bikes with them so they can make a birthday parade.  Anyway, we must practice and get those extra wheels off by July.

She also had fun jumping in a puddle or two in front of their house.  She still remembers jumping in them from years passed.  I love seeing her letting go and just being a kid.

It helps when you have a pappy who may be the biggest kid of all encouraging you to do all sorts of silly and fun things.  I'm amazed at how far she's come since I first started taking her to the park.  She used to have to crawl up the steps just to walk on the equipment now she slides down the fireman's pole, she slides down slides of every size and shape and she can almost swing completely by herself.  She still needs a little help getting started now and then.  If that weren't grown up enough, Friday she decided to try hanging upside down too. 
My BIG BRAVE GIRL!

Sunday night, my parents offered to pick up Chinese and bring it to our house for dinner.  We seem to be on a bit of an Asian, Thai, Indian food kick lately.  DELICIOUS!  As with every meal, Yaya asked if there was anything for desert.  I've been waiting for the perfect moment to have her try Pop Rocks.  I wanted to have my camera handy to capture her facial expressions.  I love it when something simple like candy transforms a treat into an experience.  Too much fun!

3 comments:

Privet and Holly said...

Pop Rocks, how fun!
Love her expression : )
How IS school going for
little YaYa? Your dad
is an awesome pappy;
so hands on! Hope you
had a wonderful week
and thank you for linking
to Monday Moments!

xx Suzanne

Blooming Rose Musings said...

I'm visiting from lovely Privet and Holly's Monday Moments. What a delightful post for the beginning of a New Year! Your daughter is precious and I can see she is well loved and loves you back.
I wish you a wonderful and blessed New Year.

cat said...

Wonderful moments shared. We just got rid of those training wheels this holiday.