A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Moments III

 My grandparents arrived on Wednesday and my 2nd cousin, Debbie came in Saturday.  As a result, we're being spoiled rotten.  My grandma loves to entertain while she's in town so her holiday cooking and baking is in full swing.  This means I didn't have to cook all weekend!  It was pure heaven I tell you. Oh how I love the holidays!  If only my waistline did too.  

We had a wonderful time catching up.  Yaya fell in love with Debbie as I knew she would.  Debbie is an artist and she's worked for Disney and Universal Studios.  SHE'S AMAZING!  If I recall correctly, early in her career she worked on some of the costumes in the first Star Wars movie.  How cool is that?!  ANYWAY...She and Yaya had fun coloring and playing together letting their imaginations run wild.  I loved watching them.  Seeing them together reminded me a lot of the fun I had creating things with my aunt, Elaine.  I loved spending time with her and watching her create beautiful crafts.  Tender moments! 

Here's the some of the crew.  My grandparents are on the left.  Debbie (my grandmother's niece) and her boyfriend, Bill are on the right.

After they left Sunday, I took a little walk around my mom's garden.  It was so peaceful and serene.  While I was walking a funny thing happened, I heard the familiar buzz from a hummingbird just above my head.  Just as I looked up in search of him he perched directly above my head.   A second later I felt something wet drop onto my face and in my right eye.  I am pretty sure this little fella peed on me.  Now there's a fine how do you do!  Since he had my FULL attention, I decided to try and snap some pictures of him from a safer distance. There was something magical about the way he fluffed his chest feathers.  I know he was just trying to keep himself warm but in doing so he made me feel warm too. 

Once again, I've joined Suzanne, author of Privet and Holly for her Monday Moments post.  I hope you'll check out her blog and link up to share some of your favorite weekend memories with us.  The photos and sentiments she shares are always so beautiful and inspiring!

5 comments:

Susie said...

What a beautiful family you have!

Rebecca Jo said...

I think hummingbird pee is supposed to bring luck ;) (just tell yourself that) haha

Privet and Holly said...

LOVED the connection
between YaYa and Debbie.
My daughter is hoping to
work for Pixar, someday : )
Those are some amazing
hummingbird shots. They
are usually always on the
move, so to get that many
pics is really special.

Thank you for sharing these
special moments with us.
I hope the rest of your week
has been equally warm and
wonderful!

xx Suzanne

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is so lovely to have family come and visit during the holiday season.

fondly,
Glenda

Renata said...

Precious times with family!! LOL about the bird ~ you got some beautiful shots though!
Have a wonderful weekend
Blessings
Renata:)