A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tis the Season

The Christmas season is officially upon us and we're enjoying all that it brings.  Saturday night, we held our 3rd annual gingerbread party at my parent's house.  The kids had a blast playing together, decorating their houses and dare I say devouring as much candy as they put on their gingerbread houses.  I love seeing how our families have grown from year to year.  God is good!

Monday night, we gathered together again to take in some Christmas lights together at one of the most popular culdesacs in our city.  Every home is completely covered in lights with some sort of holiday theme.  Watching the kids run from house to house was so much fun.  I loved seeing their faces filled with joy and awe. 

Tuesday afternoon, Yaya, Ella, Jen and I were invited to a girl's lunch at our friend Chris's home.  When we walked in her front door Yaya's mouth fell open and she gasped in amazement. I don't think there was a corner of her home that wasn't perfectly decorated for Christmas.  It was a little girl's wonderland with so many pretty things to see and touch.  It was complete with an amazing collection of Nutcrackers.  (These are one of Yaya's favorite Christmas decorations.)  The table was set beautifully and the meal was delectable.   She even let the little girls use her fine china for afternoon tea.  The sweetest moment may have come after we ate though.  The girls asked to be excused and headed down the hall together to play.  After a while I decided to check on them and found them laying together on top of Chris's giant bed fit for a princess or two.  They were snuggled together whispering and watching a Disney movie on Jen's phone.  ADORABLE!

After our relaxing lunch with the girls we headed back to my parent's house.  It was time to make great grandma's famous French Waffles.  It takes 4 people to make these they're so time consuming and delicate.  We have quite the assembly line and after 4 or 5 years of making them together have our parts mastered.  I love this photo of Yaya frosting the cookies with great grandpa and great grandma.  I pray she remembers these special and precious moments with them for the rest of her life. 

What Christmas activities have you and your families been enjoying so far this season?

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Love all the pictures!!!

Christmas is so busy with lots to do, people to see.. but its so wonderful to get it all in. Memories made for another year ;)

gramma2many said...

Great pictures and memories. I am sure Yaya will remember all of it:)

Shannon said...

Oh, such lovely memories! (And photos!)

Our local children's museum had free admission yesterday... I took my girls, along with my brother, sis-in-law, and their 3 kids. They all had a blast, and then we walked around downtown a bit... a few businesses have Christmas displays in their windows.